Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help me

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by rubyred1, Sep 6, 2015.

1. rubyred1

rubyred1 PetForums Newbie

I need help with our tarantula she hasn't moved in a few days before that she was wobbly before she got like that she is flat on her front and her thorax is flat I hope that she hasn't died but I assume that she has

2. Catharinem

Catharinem PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear this. I don't know anything about spiders, hopefully someone will be along soon who does. Does she have a heatpad, has it blown a fuse and got cold, and she's shut down because she's cold? Sorry, that's all I can think of.

3. rubyred1

The terrarium has a heat mat and it is always on we set up her tank perfectly and she was fine until about a week ago

4. GitaBooks

GitaBooks PetForums Junior

I'm sorry to hear that. What species is she? Where did you acquire her? Does she have water available?

5. rubyred1

She always had water we got her from a local pet shop in town she was a chilean rose tarantula we are certain that she's died
    ="GitaBooks, post: 1064302577, member: 1428582"]I'm sorry to hear that. What species is she? Where did you acquire her? Does she have water available?[/QUOTE]
    S

6. GitaBooks

GitaBooks PetForums Junior

I'm so sorry to hear that. We have a Chilean Rose-hair we bought from a local pet shop as well. Tarantulas from pet shops are often shipped under less then ideal conditions which means they may be less healthy upon being acquired. That may be why she ended up passing.

Golden memories likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice