Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help :( Look at the photo what are all them red lines?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by CharlieNaySmith, Dec 2, 2019.

1. CharlieNaySmith

CharlieNaySmith PetForums Newbie

Look at the photo what are all them red lines? I have seen 2 now with these lines, is that abuse? Its so heart breaking to see the most loyal animal getting be friended by humans. :,(

Attached Files:

2. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Looks like paint or dye, why do you think it's abuse? and where are you seeing them?

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  3. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Video is tagged as being from Burma, so just your healthy evening dose of racism/xenophobia/imperialism towards those with non-Christian religious practices.

[Painting red on the body is a Buddhist protection ritual, Burma being a very Buddhist country and all. Actually shows the opposite and that someone cares deeply about the dog.]

#3 Torin., Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. CharlieNaySmith

5. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

No.

O2.0 and MontyMaude like this.
  6. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Interesting, thank you, wish we still had rep at times like these.

Torin. likes this.
  7. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

The dog looks happy and healthy . . . it's not as if they cropped his ears (or pierced them as with one I recently read about).

MontyMaude likes this.
  8. CharlieNaySmith

Yeah like Maggiethewunder dog, shot 17 times, ear cut off, blind, broken jaw, but acts as if she is a normal dog and still shows love to humans after. Most loyal things in the world are dogs.

9. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Is painting red lines on a dog as a Buddhist protection ritual torture? Why on earth would it be torture?
    What do you think torture means?

MontyMaude likes this.
  10. CharlieNaySmith

No.1 I never accused it as torture, if you read with you're eyes and not you're ass you would see what I wrote, also I never knew what them red lines were, whether they are scars or whatever It didn't look right so I came onto this forum to see what others might think, You simply could have said "They are religious ritual lines." Thanks though I think I got my answer :) Much appreciated.

11. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

@O2.0 had no need to say that as I already had. You asked your question about torture after my explanation, which you clearly hadn't read with your own eyes ;)

I would advise, in future, if your question genuinely comes from ignorance (at present you sound very much like a troll), to ask your questions fairly in much more open terms. "Can someone explain what this is?" type thing, rather than pointing fingers.

12. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

No, you asked if it was, and I asked you why you would think it was.
    See? Even ass reading I still have decent comprehension ;)

Anyway... I searched youtube for the video, linked below. If you skip in to 8:40 minutes in, you can clearly see a well-fed, happy, people-friendly dog looking up at the cameraman with curiosity. Zero fear, apprehension or any indication whatsoever of any abuse.

Maybe it's just me, but having actual experience with abused dogs, I find this sort of thread distasteful at best :Bag

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice