Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help in need of advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bertiebasset(joanna), Aug 4, 2009.

1. bertiebasset(joanna)

bertiebasset(joanna) PetForums Junior

I have an 11 month old basset hound he eats sleeps and does all the usual things, he's a happy little fella but for the last few days he has been walking about makeing a high piched cry. It got so bad the other day I thought he was in pain, he hasn't been snipped soooo do you think he'e sexualy fustrated? he eats well so can't be hunger he always has company loves a walk and a sleep. I'm lost and need some help please!!!!

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would take him to the vet to make sure he hasn't got anything wrong asap.
    If he is fine it could be that there is a bitch in heat he can smell as my dads dally whined (squeaked) constantly before he was done and the farm collie was on heat.

x

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Take him to your vet! maybe nothing serious but i would get him checked over.

4. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I echo the advice already given, hopefully everything will be fine, but always have a check up when there's a sudden change in behaviour.

Have you had a look on breed specific websites to see if the noise you describe could be baying? - the pack hound call?

5. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

There are some bassets near me and you can not mistake their baying - its deep and can be heard from a long distance. My dogs are terrified of the noise, its not surprising really as it sounds like something from a horror movie.

I would definately see the vet as soon as possible, if he's crying when walking it sounds like he is in pain.

6. BassetLover

BassetLover PetForums Junior

Did Bertie Basset go to the vet? If so, I hope everything was OK for him!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice