Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help im worried!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Hb-mini, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Im very worried about my 9 week old pup Bella.

She has red and swollen little lady bits where she wee's from and she is itching all over. I have booked a vets app but cant get in till 5.30.

I know you will tell me to go to the vets which i will just wondered if anyone has ever seen anything like this before?

Thank you. xx

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sounds like some sort of allergic reaction.

Has she been treated for fleas?

Could be caused by some chemical/cleaner you use.
    What are you feeding her? Some skin problems can be dietry related.

Dont panic! She will be fine :)

3. davehyde

davehyde Banned

Definition:
    inflammation of the vagina
    Cause:
    Usually associated with a bacterial infection.
    Signs:
    A vaginal discharge{usually thick and creamy},inflamation of the lining of the vagina,frequent licking of the vulva and possibly inflamation of the surrounding skin. The colour of the discharge depends on the particular bacteria involved and the stage of the oestrous cycle when the infetion occurs.
    Treatment:
    Seek veterinary advice since it may be necessary to give a course of antibiotics, often selected following the bacteriological examination of a swab from the vagina,coupled with a vaginal douche.
    Prevention
    No precautions are recommended in individually owned bitches. in breeding kennels it pays to ensure that all cases are treated promptly and vigorously to reduce weight of infection and thus the liklihood of the condition spreading.
    Comment:
    A mild form of the condition may be seen in prepubertal bitches particularly of the larger breeds. In such cases there is usually a clear or slightly opaque discharge which often resolves without the need for medication. however if the discharge is persistent and/or the the bitch licks her vulva excessively,it is wise to seek veterinary help.

4. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Thank you both for your replys!

She is on Royal Canin, thats what the breeder was feeding her so we have just carried this on. Although im very embarrased to admit that this morning id ran out of goats milk so she had cows milk in her porridge :( could it be this? I feel so daft! :(

She had a flea treatment last week and i have checked her a million times and cant see anything!!

I cleaned part of the carpet this morning, but i have done this before :confused:

Thank you Davehyde for this info. She doesnt appear to have any discharge but her lil lady bits are very red and swollen :(

My poor baby!

:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice