Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help, im so desperate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeys-Mum17, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Joeys-Mum17

Joeys-Mum17 PetForums Newbie

(I have already posted this in the cat chat but im that desperate for help before i go to bed tonight as im a bit OCD and cant cope with this)

Hi

today i was grooming my long haired black cat and seen some sort of black balls in the hair i was taking off the brush, so i read up on fleas and done the whole trick of dampening them and they were sort of smearing red....i have not found any eggs tho!

I have another cat who i cant see any one her...they are both INDOOR cats, although i can understand it can happen to any cat!

rushed to pets at home and could only get baephar spot on. applied it to first cat, and have realised today i wormed spot on the other cat as she is a drama queen with pills......also got johnsons house flea spray and spent 4 hours getting my house cleaned!

would i be able to add the spot on flea treatment to her as well as the worming that he previously been added around 4ish today?

thanks

xxx

2. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Hiya

I know my worming treatment (droncit) needs to be done 2 days after the flea treatment (advocat??). So i'm guessing (just a guess mind you) that you can't use the flea treatment for a couple of days. Does either box give any indication as to time delay between treatments?

3. Joeys-Mum17

thanks for your reply!

pets at home had no dontal for flea treatment so the girl gave me baephar? or something, and it doesnt say anything....

i was thinking i might leave her til early tomoro morning???

im a bit OCD with things like this, and going to bed tonight knowing it still happening will annoy me, they are indoor so i dont know how this is happened, tbh im actually re-thinking and keep on searching on joey and i see nothing tbh!

but just those black ball like things have annoyed me!

x

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Sometimes when put cats have fleas you just see the little black balls, as if there is only a few adult fleas they can be hard to find!

I could not get any flea spot on that day as the shop was out so brushed them lots with a flea comb and found only 3 fleas but loads of the black balls.

Ours got them when they were inside cats too.. Cat fleas can live off a cat for quite some time and can get carried in on your shoes etc if you have been anywhere other cats have been you can get them.

x

5. Joeys-Mum17

thanks, i have brushed him loads and all i seem to find is black balls.....

i will just watch over for a few days and keep cleaning my house with flea deterrant etc.....i will flea her first thing in morning....

thanks for all your help

xxx

6. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

use a fine tooth nit comb,especially round the face/throat,base of tail,you will see any adults if there are any:eek: i wouldnt bother with shop brand flea/worm treatments as these dont work and are a waste of money;) flea dirts=fleas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice