Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help if you can

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by stace86, Feb 8, 2012.

1. stace86

stace86 PetForums Junior

hi i have three kittens one that is 9 months and the other two that are 4 months, my concern is all three have diaherra which i have wormed monday as soon as the diaherra happened. could the reason they have diaherra is cos of the food, as i have tried tesco own brand wiskas and they are currently on felix the reason i moved them of the other food is cos of the diaherra they were fine to start with on the food then about a month into using it they'd have diahera now its heppening with felix.

also the 9month old kitten is really annoying me she will not stop weeing and pooing on the carpet i put fresh litter in trays and she will still poo and wee on carpet and the more annoying thing is she will do it right next to the tray, is there anything you can help me with trying to get her to stop and anything i can use on the carpet to get rid of the smelll thanks

2. LDK1

LDK1 PetForums VIP

Sounds like something is fundamentally wrong here. I would get them all to a vets ASAP as the symptoms sound quite serious - especially for kittens.

They could have parasites and/or infections that over-the-counter medication can't deal with. You can look into diet issues once you know that they are OK health-wise.

3. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

I would also get this checked out by the vets. Could be something as simple as an infection and anti-biotics will make all the difference. Whatever, it sounds like it's something that can be passed from one to the another so best to nip it in the bud. Your nine month kitten may be feeling uncomfortable, hence the reason for just going when she needs to anywhere. The longer this goes on though, the more she will find it acceptable to go wherever she wants, so all the more reason to get them checked out. This us know how they progress.

When you've had them checked you can look into the question of food again. Whatever you decide, always change food over slowly adding a little more of the new one each day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice