UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given my dog by my mother in law. She got him from a registerd private breeder from Ireland 'she paid £800 for him when he was a pup. When i got him, she tryed to dig out the papers she had for him to change ownership details. She could'nt find them, and i've never seen them. She assures me they said blue and white.
I went on a questions and answers site 'not dedicated to pets' and asked how i could get replacement papers. i was told that Irish Blue staffs are not a recognised breed.
Could someone give me any advise and take a look at my dog and tell me if he dose look blue ofr if the colour is real.
I am very confused by it all and would be glad for any help in this matter. Thanks:)

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
Firstly, there is no such breed as an Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Its often a term used to sell and describe Pit Bull types.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier (English) does come in blue, and it is a recognised colour.

Are you not able to contact the dogs breeder?

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
When posting a reply, go to manage attachments and upload one from your pc.

Or you could use an image hosting site such as photobucket, and just post the img url into your reply window.

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
How to post a pic:

Click 'Post Reply'

Click the little picture of the paperclip just above the reply box

Where it says "Upload file from your computer" click on the button that says "browse" and select a photo. Then click "upload" and wait for it to finish, then click "post reply".

The picture will come up on your post looking like a small thumbnail, but you can click on it to make it bigger :)

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Oh, bit late :eek: lol

I think he looks like a full SBT to me. As already said, there's no such breed as an "Irish Staff", not 'officially' anyway. So he could an unregistered pure SBT, or if you manage to find the papers, you may find he is registered but I don't suppose you will know unless you find the papers or contact the breeder - although I doubt they will be very honest if they tried to sell him as a 'different' SBT such as an Irish - they simply don't exist.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
the irish staff is just a mix to get the staffordshire bull terrier, to look more how it originally looked ... abit like the old tyme bulldog/american bulldog/australian bulldog etc etc... altho there are loads of them, they are still not recognised and can look slightly different breeder to breeder

and as it is from ireland and your clueless to its history, I would be worried about "pitbull type", the dog could be siezed and destroyed if you cant prove its breed.

As for its colouring, blue and white is a colour you can get in most dogs....
I think its a lovely colour, but I also think its just a nicer way of saying grey.

Not sure if blue is accepted in show rings for the kc staffordshire bull terrier tho, I always assumed they only accpeted the more traditional colours, like brindles tans etc etc

anyhow, im no expert on anything, but I just wanted to have my say and ramble :D

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
Not sure if blue is accepted in show rings for the kc staffordshire bull terrier tho, I always assumed they only accpeted the more traditional colours, like brindles tans etc etc

anyhow, im no expert on anything, but I just wanted to have my say and ramble :D
They are, but they dont do well as they carry too many faults.

Sadly people have been over breeding them claiming they are a "rare" colour.

They are recognised by the KC and blues are listed on accepted colours under the breed standard. Anyone charging more for any colour is pulling a fast one.

·
Registered
672 Posts

They are recognised by the KC and blues are listed on accepted colours under the breed standard. Anyone charging more for any colour is pulling a fast one.
It winds me up when i see people round here going nuts over "bluies" and how rare they are......:mad:
They end uo paying twice the amount thinking they've got something special when they haven't!!! yes they are beautiful but dont let the breeders con you!!! Ok im calm now just taken my Valium........................:arf:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have a litter of 3 blue tris and 1 lilac and white Border Collies, I did not breed specifically for colour, firstly health and temperament. I will not be making money on this litter in fact I will be losing money!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

ahh i see, thanx for that :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.