Hi, I have a 9 year old white labrador who up until Tuesday was in apparent good health. He has arthritis in his front legs that we have been treating for the last 3 months with medicine and he has been in relatively good form. On Tuesday we noticed he was a bit off, lethargic, lying down a lot, salivating and looking generally sad. We also noticed swelling around his belly. We took him straight down to the vets. Our vet had a feel around his stomach and told us he has a large tumor and due to the size of it, it would probably unsurvivable if she were to operate. We were told it was probably cancerous and that he may only have a few months to live. We were also told to watch out for 4 key symptoms and if they arose to take him back to her to be put down. They were diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite or drinking lots of water. On Tuesday, he had none of these, now - 3 days later - he has stopped eating, is drinking a lot and has been vomiting any food he does eat. He seemed on ok form - still tail wagging, walking around, going out to pee, etc. But we have been going easy with him and constantly assessing him. Now, tonight around 12am, he vomited blood twice in quick succession. We've had a chat and decided to take him to the vet tomorrow to be put down. We are absolutely devastated. BUT: as I lie here beside him tonight for company, I'm questioning his diagnosis and questioning what can be done? Is there anything we can do to prolong his life? Has the boat already sailed? He is only 9, he is a very happy and loving dog, very active, but this has just came on him so quick. We didn't notice any swelling prior to Tuesday! Do we go down the rabbit hole that is proper diagnosis, treatment, etc, or do we accept that he life is coming to an end? We don't have insurance but would be willing to pay (albeit couldn't afford ridiculous costs) for treatment if it will give him more time... Please give me your advice and suggestions, I really don't want to let him go without a fight... Thank you.