Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help find stolen puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jvanmeeuw@gmail.com, Feb 18, 2008.

1. jvanmeeuw@gmail.com

jvanmeeuw@gmail.com PetForums Newbie

Hi everybody, this is a very sad tale and also a warning to all dog owners out there. On January 6th at 1.45am our house was broken into and a litter of 3 British Bulldog puppies were stolen from their whelping box where they slept on a heat pad and under a heat lamp. The adult dogs woke me up with their barking but I was just too late! The mother of the pups must have taken a beating and was left traumatised. She refused to come out from behind my bed for the next few days. They took the pups but left my laptop, a new camera and my wallet, so it was a very specific target. There is obviously nothing these 'dog thieves' will stop at so please DO NOT LEAVE ANY DOGS UNATTENDED. The police came out and we have since that time been trying to find the pups.Although the pups were coming up for 8 weeks, they looked to be only 5 weeks old as they had been the trailers of the litter, hence why they were still under a heat lamp. The low lifes who did this must at some stage try to sell these puppies on to get their money, or the pups must surface somewhere.
    What I am asking is for people to please keep their eyes and ears open for any bulldog puppies being sold on the cheap, or if they know of anyone recently aquiring a bulldog pup. They were born on 9th November so they will be 3 months old now.
    I would appreciate any help or information. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE SAFE RETURN OF THESE PUPS.
    Thank you.

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear what an awful time you have had, how is the bitch now ?

3. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

sorry to hear your news.
    hope they find them.
    how is your dog

4. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

That is awful. How is your dog now?

What area are you in?

xx

5. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

Thats terrible, how upsetting for you and your poor girl. I hope you trace the pup's and the low life's that have done this! :mad:

Ang

6. claire

claire Guest

sorry to hear of your loss hope for a safe return failing that lets hope they fall into good hands

7. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

That is absolutely terrible. Obviously when they try and sell these puppies there will be no mum to be seen so they will have difficulty selling them. Its a shame that people can be so cruel hope they get their comeupance what goes around comes around as they say :mad:
    Michelle

8. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Thats such a sad tale - fingers crossed you get them back soon :)

9. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Thats awful. I will keep my eyes open on the web.
    Can you provide descriptions of the pups?

10. carol

carol PetForums VIP

thats awful.
    hope the mum is getting better, do they have any out standing markings on the pups and spread pictures of them about on all the internet sites you can
    you never know may help.

11. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

This so makes my blood boil.

It would help to know the area. I too hope that mum is doing better now.

12. jvanmeeuw@gmail.com

Hi everyone, thank you all for your lovely comments. The mum of the pups is fine now although all three of the Bulldogs are now hyper-sensitive to any noise or disturbances. I cant blame them though. I will try and upload a picture of the pups which was taken 2 days before they were stolen, remember thought that they will be 4 weeks older now, and they do grow so quickly. It will give you an idea of their markings which will help.
    The pups were taken from Hemyock in Devon, very close to the Somerset border. I urge people once again to be careful of their own pets, these thieves will jump on any opportunity to steal dogs and puppies.

13. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

i hope you find them soon

14. jvanmeeuw@gmail.com

I'm very new to all this....I'm trying to upload a picture of the pups which was taken just before they were stolen, but I'm not having a lot of luck. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks
    Jackie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice