Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help. Devastating death. Serious questions.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by damonalbarn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. damonalbarn

damonalbarn PetForums Newbie

I'm honestly heartbroken. My cat, who only had her first litter four months ago, was killed tonight. I found my baby girl lying on her side, cold, stiff and lifeless. I'm f***ing torn to pieces. Now, that aside, I have some serious questions regarding the state I found her in; she was definitely poisoned as there was a clump of light-hued, solid vomit around her in the grass and in her mouth appeared to be an organ. Yes, an organ. It occupied her mouth which was forced open by its width, was pink and covered in blood (not her tongue). What would that be? Am I right to believe that she ingested poison and puked up an organ or something akin to that? Please, please, please - I need someone's advice. I'm shaking.

2. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

I’m really sorry I don’t have any knowledge or advice to offer but wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your girl. Thought are with you at such an awful time. Heartbreaking xxx

damonalbarn, Soozi and TriTri like this.
  3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

I am very sorry to read of the loss of your baby girl.

The only way to be certain of what has caused her death is to take her to your vet for a post mortem.

4. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl xx

Soozi likes this.
  5. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

I'm sorry for your loss.

It isn't possible to throw up an organ. It sounds more like she has tried to eat something and choked. I suggest you take her to your vet for an examination and possibly a post mortem. This is the only way to find out what killed her.

6. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

I am so, so sorry to hear this. :(
    It sounds like perhaps she was eating a mouse, and that’s what was in her mouth, or one of the mouse’s organs, for example they often don’t eat the stomach. If the mouse had been poisoned then this could be what poisoned her, although I am shocked that it could happen so fast, but I guess it is possible. I hope you can get a post mortem. She is free now and out of pain. RIP sweet girl xxx

Soozi and TriTri like this.
  7. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I am so sorry, how shocking for you to find her this way! As others have suggested a post Mortem will give you the answers, if it is poison you really need to know if you have other cats x

#7 ewelsh, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Clairabella and Soozi like this.
  8. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

Sorry for your loss. My sister's cat died after, we think, eating slug pellets. There are dangers outside our own gardens :(
    RIP Puss

Clairabella and Soozi like this.
  9. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

severe vomiting will not bring up an organ.
    Trauma ie car hit can displaced and cause internal bleeding. Once her stomach emptied you would see bile.

You might be an answer with a post mortem? Any chance she could have been hit by a car? Check her feet and claws. Impact could be a glancing blow so no apparent injury

Sorry you have lost her

Clairabella likes this.
  10. damonalbarn

Thank you ever so much for the condolences. Your words are worth the world to me during this insufferable pain. Xxx

Clairabella likes this.
  11. damonalbarn

Thank you, I'm definitely considering it. Do you have any idea how much it'd cost? Thanks again. xx

12. damonalbarn

Thank you all for your condolences and advice. I'll definitely be taking her for a post mortem as I won't settle any other way. If there's even the tiniest chance she was poisoned, I'd want to know. Even if she had been hit, I'll be able to rest knowing what happened. Thanks again for your compassion xx

#12 damonalbarn, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    chillminx and Soozi like this.
  13. damonalbarn

After the inconsolable devastation subsided a little, I walked down to where I found her and checked around for clues that could allude to her being hit (after reading these, I came to my senses and found the likelihood of her being knocked over was higher than poisoned.) but if there was blood on the road, it had been washed away in the rain. The reason I believe/d she was poisoned was the vomit. I'll check her feet and claws. Thank you ever so much for your time and compassion. xxx

bluecordelia, chillminx and Soozi like this.
  14. Amberzum

Amberzum PetForums Junior

No advice for you really but I just wanted to send lots and lots and lots of love. I'm so sorry you lost your furbaby and that you had to see her like that :( xx

TriTri likes this.
  15. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

no. I'm sorry I don't but if you ring your vet I'm sure they will be able to give you an idea.

16. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely cat, it must have been awful to have found her like that. I would be utterly heart-broken.

It isn't possible to vomit up an organ, maybe is was something she'd eaten that she'd brought back up, like a part of a mouse? If she was hit by a car, it is possible that she vomited afterwards. Or it could be poison. There is no real way to know without a post-mortem. You're still in shock, as it happened so suddenly and for some people, it can give them peace of mind to find the cause of death.

Once again, I am very sorry. x

17. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

You must get see scuffed feet pad or broken claws.

Sorry again it’s awful

18. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

So sorry. Post mortem will give you some peace of mind.
    I had my cat die suddenly, her rib punctured her lung. Vet noticed too late.

19. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Sorry for your loss. RIP sweet kitty xx

20. Biscuit123

Biscuit123 PetForums VIP

I'm so, so sorry! I understand how you're feeling. Losing a pet is the worse feeling in the world.
    A goodbye quote

Goodbyes are not forever, goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice