Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help cat really sick from videlta

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by zeta azevedo, Jul 27, 2019.

1. zeta azevedo

zeta azevedo PetForums Newbie

Hello we have a 14 year old cat diagnosed with hyperthyroidism she has been on videlta for about a year and a half, She has deteriorated rapidly and has intermittent vomiting and has lost a load of weight is weak and lethargic and has issues with bowel movement which makes her vomit apparently her one kidney is not functioning and she has been dehydrated more than once needing a drip, our last visit to the vet he suggested we think of putting her down it is breaking our hearts please help us

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

I really do feel for you having been in the same situation some years ago with one of my previous cats. It is a very difficult place to be, but I do think that you should consider your vet's suggestion very seriously - they wouldn't have made it lightly. At 14 your cat has reached a good age and, whilst none of us want our cats to be put to sleep, it is the final kindness that we can offer them when they're quality of life deteriorates.

zeta azevedo and SusieRainbow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice