Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help! A poor cat is sick!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jess Barnett, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Jess Barnett

Jess Barnett PetForums Newbie

My neighbor’s cat has been technically abandoned and we have fed and cared for it for a long time. The neighbor is uncaring and said that he should have never bought the poor thing. She has been fine and is about 4-5 years old, but recently she has begun being sick every day. I believe it it is usually after she has eaten. I want to take her to the vets but don’t know if they will help her if she is not ours and the neighbor is certainly not willing to help out. What should I do? Do you know what could be wrong with her? It’s been happening for about a week and a half now.

Thank you!

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Chances are she’s not chipped and they might not even check at the vets so just take her would be my advice.

If you can get the owner to give her to you, even better. Get it in writing, of course.

chillminx likes this.
  3. Jess Barnett

Jess Barnett PetForums Newbie

I’m afraid our neighbor doesn’t get on with us. There would be no way of getting this, but thank you for the advice. We are considering taking her.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

As a duty of care I would just take her! Your neighbour sounds like a moron. Thank you so much for looking out for her but she does need to be seen by a vet ASAP. Good luck let us know how you get on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice