Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Please explain to me....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tawny75, May 15, 2019.

1. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

Why, when I came home yesterday I magically had two collarless cats. I am sure they are conspiring against me. I found Sev's collar by the downstairs loo but Lily's is nowhere to be seen.

Also on a serious note, as they get older is it normal for them to kind of regulate themselves to meal times? It seems they like a big breakfast when I get up and then they eat very little during the day and then about 7ish they like a big dinner?

Cute pictures to remind me they are not rascals all the time.....

MVIMG_20190504_080807.jpg MVIMG_20190502_191545.jpg

2. billsfoxes

billsfoxes PetForums Junior

our big old beaten up tabby eats at home somtimes thats the best i have to offer sorry

3. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Yes many adult cats will self regulate if being fed a species appropriate diet (wet or balanced raw). I would continue to feed 3 (wet or raw) meals a day though, just adjust the middle meal to a smaller portion, feeding the larger portions morning and evening.

Tawny75 and chillminx like this.
  4. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Saffy is becoming the same lovie! Fill up bowl quite a few times at breakfast and it gets licked clean, not much in the afternoon even though I’m here then munchies again in the evening through till bedtime.

#4 Soozi, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Tawny75 and chillminx like this.
  5. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums Senior

I think Lola would more or less eat all day if she could... (don't know where she get's that from :oops:)...

.... however if she has too much in one go she tends to regurgitate...

Soozi likes this.
  6. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Yes they self regulate and also change their meal times with seasons (well in my house anyway!)

We had a winter spate of 3am meals and going out.

Tawny75 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice