Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Playing with kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by apricot, Oct 27, 2012.

1. apricot

apricot PetForums Member

I love watching my kittens play but really don't enjoy playing with them. As there are two of them can I leave them to play together or must I join in to help them bond with me rather than only with each other? I feel a bit guilty about this but they are very loving and get lots of cuddles and loving back from me.

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Dont really know how to reply to this,or indeed what kind of reply you expect.
    I love playing with Meeko and always have done,especially when he was a kitten,discovering just what made him "tick"
    You dont have to play with them,but I think you are missing out on a big part of having kittens,they will be adults soon enough and you will never get this time back.

3. nightkitten

nightkitten PetForums VIP

Playing with kittens is the nicest, funniest thing ever! I don't understand why you don't enjoy playing with them? I think it is great seeing them dash around trying to get the toy and their cute little faces while doing this. And I do think you need this play time to bond properly with them.

If you don't like playing with them why did you get kittens? Are you sure you want cats and not a teddy bear to cuddle? :D

4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

What Nightkitten says is so true. :)

This is such an important time for laying the foundations of a good strong relationship with your kittens. If you want them to grow up into happy, well adjusted, trusting cats, then it really is worth putting in the time now.

The need to play with them won't last long. All too soon they will be adults. :)

5. apricot

apricot PetForums Member

I do play with the kittens but not for long at a time, I get scratched and my young dog wants to join in all the time. She's chewed up most of their toys too.
    I must play with them more!

6. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

Ike chooses to play with the dog more then me but I love when he decides I'm worth his time.

What games do you play? Ike loves the laser and toys on string, I don't like to be scratched either but there is loads of toys out there that don't but your hands in the firing line.

7. nightkitten

nightkitten PetForums VIP

I would invest in Da Bird :D

First of all it does not include your hands so you are safe from scratches. And the little ones will be exhausted after 15 minutes so you don't have to play too long with them :D

Just one tip: lock the dog out of the room while your are playing :wink5:

8. Bluestonez

Bluestonez PetForums Newbie

I have three kittens and they are just 2 months old. I have bought some toys for them and they love to play with those. I enjoy my evenings by playing with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice