UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love watching my kittens play but really don't enjoy playing with them. As there are two of them can I leave them to play together or must I join in to help them bond with me rather than only with each other? I feel a bit guilty about this but they are very loving and get lots of cuddles and loving back from me.

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
I love watching my kittens play but really don't enjoy playing with them. As there are two of them can I leave them to play together or must I join in to help them bond with me rather than only with each other? I feel a bit guilty about this but they are very loving and get lots of cuddles and loving back from me.
Dont really know how to reply to this,or indeed what kind of reply you expect.
I love playing with Meeko and always have done,especially when he was a kitten,discovering just what made him "tick"
You dont have to play with them,but I think you are missing out on a big part of having kittens,they will be adults soon enough and you will never get this time back.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Playing with kittens is the nicest, funniest thing ever! I don't understand why you don't enjoy playing with them? I think it is great seeing them dash around trying to get the toy and their cute little faces while doing this. And I do think you need this play time to bond properly with them.

If you don't like playing with them why did you get kittens? Are you sure you want cats and not a teddy bear to cuddle? :D

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
I do think you need this play time to bond properly with them.
What Nightkitten says is so true. :)

This is such an important time for laying the foundations of a good strong relationship with your kittens. If you want them to grow up into happy, well adjusted, trusting cats, then it really is worth putting in the time now.

The need to play with them won't last long. All too soon they will be adults. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do play with the kittens but not for long at a time, I get scratched and my young dog wants to join in all the time. She's chewed up most of their toys too.
I must play with them more!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ike chooses to play with the dog more then me but I love when he decides I'm worth his time.

What games do you play? Ike loves the laser and toys on string, I don't like to be scratched either but there is loads of toys out there that don't but your hands in the firing line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.