Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Play or aggression

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Rachael Marshall, Feb 4, 2020.

?

Play or aggression?

1. Play

2. Aggression

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rachael Marshall

Rachael Marshall PetForums Newbie

I have a new kitten in the house with my 7 month old female ragdoll. I have separated the new kitten in a sanctuary room for the past 4 days and done some sent swapping and face to face with barriers to introduce the two. I can no longer keep the kitten separated as he is extremely sociable and is getting stressed in the room on his own where he has started to claw the carpet at the door.
    The new kitten isn’t really bothered with my older female but she is fascinated by him.
    They had some interaction today and I am not sure whether it was purely play or whether the ragdoll was showing some aggression. I noticed her ears were very low at points but not at others and there was no growling or hissing.
    I have attached a video and would appreciate any input.

2. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It looks like playing to me, or rather an invitation to play.

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Awww, I agree it looks like your gorgeous Ragdoll wants to play with the kitten. :) Kitten is perhaps a bit wary at present...

4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

It's definitely play though, I would make sure you're supervising for a while until you're happy they are relaxed with each other and, especially, as in that situation your kitten is trapped should things turn a bit unpleasant but it all looks good at the moment.

5. Rachael Marshall

Thank you!! She will do this for a while.. when he gets to close she is still hissing. I’m hoping this stops over the next couple of days though.

6. Rachael Marshall

Thank you :)

7. Rachael Marshall

Thanks! He is quite confident and doesn’t allow himself to stay trapped for long.. but she has been hissing when he walks past to get away from her so I am watching like a hawk at the moment x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice