Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Play mate?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MySugar, Jul 1, 2009.

1. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I am seriously considering getting another kitten so my new Kitten, Pepper, has a play mate. She lived with another cat previously so she should be ok.
    I'm just wondering if cats really benefit from being in pairs? I want to be confident i'm doing the right thing by Pepper.

2. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I think cats benifit from being in pairs, it means they dont get lonely when your not in and they love to play together.
    I wish I got my kitten alot sooner than I did so Milly had a play mate when she was younger.

3. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thanks shezzy. I'm veering towards it being a definate. I've just never had more than one cat at a time so I guess it's a little daunting. But I want Pepper to be happy :)

4. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I always end up with more than 1 of everything so they have someone to cuddle and play with when i am not about!! I am such a sucker for animals lol!!:p

5. xlaurapx

xlaurapx PetForums Junior

I had my cat casper for 4 months which made him 7 months old before i got ava. i got her when she was 8 weeks at first they didnt get along and kept batting each other with there paws but after about 2 weeks i let them run around together and they have been fine ever since. it was the best thing i ever did for casper they run around and wreck the house together but atleast he has someone to play with now as he was starting to get naughty before.

hope this helps but id advise it...:D

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I have to admit two young kittens at once probs will be hard work :p:p But I recon your kitty will defo enjoy a little companion.

But obv you also have to take into consideration the costs of another kitty, if you're gonna have enough money to get them bother spayed/neutered and injection ect ect.

But if you do get a new kitty let us know!!

7. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you all for your helpfull replies :D

I am taking into consideration cost of immunisations and spaying. In all honesty that may be the biggest cause for concern. I will have to figure out if we can afford it for two.

If I get another i'll be sure to let you know :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice