Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

plastic cat house

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bichonsrus, Jul 23, 2009.

1. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have a rescue cat like that. He spends 95% of his time in the garden.

I got a wooden dog kennel, and filled it with straw. He loves it. Stays warm and dry.

I think plastic tends to sweat.

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

How do you clean it inside? The CosyCat website says they're completely sealed apart from the door. Seems a bit weird to me....

#3 Dozymoo, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. bichonsrus

wow what a good idea nonnie, did have a thought about the sweaty bit, good point! i liked the fact that it was all inclosed although her boyfriend would probably move in too and the rest of the neighbourhood cats lol! If it was breathable (only seem to find this type on american websites) and where you can get a cat flap on the front that just opens for one cat , as in a magnetic type of thing, oh if only i were an inventor lol. she sleeps on top of the rabbit cage at the moment so maybe build it three storyes high instead of the now two lol she can have the penthouse!

5. bichonsrus

yes another good point , also just thought what if neighbourhood cats think its a cat toilet or the boy ones go in and spray it, ewwwww, glad i asked other people about it!!!

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have a nice powder blue kennel. Got it from eBay for about £55.

Had it for 5 years now, and apart from being a tad faded, its in great condition. I clean it regularily of course.

7. bichonsrus

yes just had a quick look on there, nothing local as yet but i shall keep looking, did see a lovely dog kennel with a wind cut off inside with insulation but it was a silly price :eek:.

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

my grandad made a house for the cats in his area. it is made out of wood with raised feet so its not on the ground. the roof goes further out so it doesnt get wet inside and its covered with somethin abit like a thick black bin liner.

the cats love it :)

9. bichonsrus

awww i wish my grandad was still around he definatly would of been able to rustle something up, he made a made to measure safety gate for my first born out of wood, he was brill at making things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice