Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Plants

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by AmyCruick, Aug 12, 2009.

1. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I know this may be a tall order but I shall ask anyway.

Now that Lottie and Sugar have sucessfully eaten all of our heathers and destroyed the other plants in our border by either digging them up or just biting through them and leaving them to die I was wondering if anyone knew of any plants I could put in that the rabbits wouldn't go for? The plants also need to not be harmful to them though just in case they eat a bit by mistake.

The funny thing is that I planted herbs that they were allowed to munch on as a distraction from the other plants and they haven't touched them!! Naughty rabbits!

Or should I just accept defeat, fill in the border and buy lots of pots? ;)

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Buy pots. Ive tried many plants that they are supposed to hate, they still ate them. the section my plants are in is fenced off now, but they spend all day trying to get through the fence.

3. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Mmm I thought I might have to. :( I did put upside down pots on the plants when the rabbits went out but Lottie used to pick them up and throw them across the garden! Little tinkers!!

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I caught my Lottie earlier, she had managed to jump on the top of my rather large dog kennel, and was trying to balance on the apex to reach the overhanging buddlia (sp?).

Shes a NIGHTMARE. My garden is like fort knox because of her.

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Ha ha! Excellent! Bless her, do you have any pictures of your Lottie?

I once told my Lottie off for moving a pot and she turned, bit a daffodil in half and then just hopped off, I think it was her way of having a tantrum over being told off!

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

She's the English, the Dutch is her BF, Norbert.

7. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Mine dont seem to bother too much to be honest, think they are lazy! They will eat the Jasmine leaves if they have fallen off, but I dunno if it is safe for them? I take it away but its never seemed to do them any harm.

Nonnie, you have beautiful buns :p

*Heidi*

8. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw they are both gorgeous! I don't know much about breeds though, is Lottie on the left? She looks like she's been busy digging! :D

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Yes, the dirty white one.

She's dug so many holes in my garden.

10. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Mine bite through our jasmine then just leave it! So its looking a bit sorry at the moment. Sugar eats fallen rose petals and again I'm not sure if they're harmful so try to sweep them up...its funny the things they go for!

11. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Awww! Our garden is mostly paved which I think is why the borders take such a battering because its the only place our Lottie can dig - Sugar doesn't dig so much, he just lays in the holes Lottie creates! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice