Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

plaease could i have advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by staflove, Jul 2, 2009.

1. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Both my dogs have the runs, i have not fed them anything diffrent, now it did seem to clear and back firm again Kye had it first then tess started with it now they both got it could i be the change of weather :(

2. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

ive noticed my two are a little soft, not thought much about it im just carrying on with their normal feeds.... I am taking them swimming has yours? It may be a little dirty water though as I sa ive not really thought about it :)

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I thought of posting this last night, my 2 are the same i was also wondering if it was the heat they are both well but like yours have the runs.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It very well could be the weather, but if it continues you may want to seek veterinary advice incase they have picked up a bug or something whilst out on a walk.

Do they drink from outside water sources such as rivers and puddles?

Id feed them some very bland food for the next 24-48 hours and see if that helps. Some probiotics would be useful aswell.

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

2 of mine and 1 of the foster's have had the same. It's just the weather. I gave mine boiled rice and some cooked chicken and they were fine within 48 hours. ;)

6. rona

rona Guest

Both of mine have got problems. Don't think it's the hot weather with Alfie though, he's got too bad

7. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Thanks guys its not the water cos there wimps and wont swim, but i could not really ignor it as it was like water on my room floor but they are firming up but it could be the weather il keep an eye on them thank you :D

8. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

There seem to be a few people posting about similar problems across a couple of forums atm, so perhaps it is a combination of the heat and a slight tummy bug?

Definitely make sure they're getting plenty of fresh clean water, and check to make sure they're not dehydrating.

9. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I've just had my pair at the vet as they've both had a dire rear for 3 days now, nothing was working so I thought I'd get them checked out. They both got an injection plus some tablets and I've just to keep them on the bland diet they've been on . I will never moan about the cost of dog food again, they are costing me a fortune in chicken :001_tt2:.

Terri

10. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

It's most likely down to the heat wave at the moment.

Give them some scrambled egg, that usually helps... also lots of fresh water.
    During the day get the in the garden & damp them down with a hose pipe or just wet towels etc...

hth

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice