Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pit Bulls & parolees.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Programme on Animal planet about PB rescue. Some of these dogs are amazing. Just picked a girl up off the street, x rays showed two pellets in her, a broken leg and infected bite wounds but she just let the vet thoroughly examime her, not an ounce of aggression. They assumed the fracture may have been caused by abuse and when the infection is cleared they'll know if they can save her leg. :(

I just wonder how many of our dogs would let complete strangers examime them like that when in so much pain without so much as a growl, if fact she was even wagging her tail at times.

Love this prog cos not only does it help the dogs but also the parolees who help look after them. :)

#1 Malmum, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

Ohhhh thats a programme I have not seen, will have a look and series link it when I get home from work :D

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Yep I have series linked it too. :)

4. dragon33

dragon33 PetForums Member

yes great programe some amazeing dogs & pepole all looking for a second chance

5. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

I watched that last night :D
    That stray they found with the infected leg was adorable wasn't she, not a murmur and it looked heavily infected!
    And rocky too, the black and white one who they picked up because he was not getting on with his rescuers dog? The poor little mite was in a right state on the photos from when he was found, yet such a happy little fella when they went to pick him up (albeit male dog aggressive)
    It was a great programme :)

6. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Tia is amazing been following her for a few years now, I adore the show she does allot for pitbulls and parloees.

7. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

I have it on record on Tivo, its my dream job!

Did anyone see Creature who was diagnosed with PRA? Thankfully he got a home but what a stunner he was, never seen one with a docked tail before :D

#7 Starlite, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  8. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

Oooh, that sounds like an interesting watch. Will have to look out for that.

As for the examination: When Terence chopped the end of his tail off and was bleeding everywhere, he wagged his way all the way through the examination and made sure the vet's surgery (and our living room before) looked like someone had been butchered in it. :eek:

9. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I watch it every week the dogs, Tia, her family and the parolees are awesome. That little black dog they picked up was so sweet...she wasn't even a pit bull but they rescued her anyway. I hope she gets a home soon because she's such a sweetie. Last night's episode was a very good lesson about prejudice, one of the things I love about the show is that it makes you think about your own prejudices.

Did you see the last series? In one episode there were wildfires in the hills around them and they were having difficulties with the authorities when they were trying to evacuate the dogs. I was shouting at the tv and crying my eyes out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice