Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Piriton

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cheryl Higgins, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Cheryl Higgins

Cheryl Higgins PetForums Junior

Hey guys, i was just wondering if you can give piriton to 7 month old puppies. My two girls have watery eyes, are sneezing and slightly itchy, but my vet is insisting on it being " dry eye", but before i take them back to the vet and get charged another £100 i want to try piriton. They have the same symptoms as my last dog who did have seasonal allergies. If i can give them piriton how much will i give them. They weigh 8.8kg and 7kg.
    Thanks Cheryl

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I think you would need to check with your vet to make sure but fairly certain I gave my one that sort of weight half twice a day but it made her too sleepy so just gave it at night. I do not think you should take recommendations on dosage from other dog owners though just in case there is some reason your dog should not have it. A phone call should suffice.

cbcdesign and DaisyBluebell like this.
  3. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

Yes I too think you need to check with the vet first.

4. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Yes you can, but you defo need to check dosage with vet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice