Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it's Pippi's 4th Gotcha day we went out to explore pastures new

We set off down the footpath

Which was next to some woods where they all had good sniff

The footpath got a bit muddy :eek:

it came out in a big field next to the M1

Pippi explored the undergrowth by the side of the motorway (there was a fence behind the trees so they couldn't get on the road)

Oh Deer!

Down into the big woods

Where there was a nice bench to have five minutes rest

Off we go again into the deep dark woods

Pretty

They disappeared off into the bracken for ages. I wasn't worried that I couldn't see them because I could hear them crashing about in here somewhere!

and then they appeared ahead of me

It got very autumnal

They all disappeared into the woods again

but they keep coming back

Gotcha day girl

Down another leafy path

Pippi had a walk through the mud (look at her muddy paw!)

Fur family photo

Stopped and sat on another bench and enjoyed the view

Pippi and her waggy tail that never stops wagging

:001_wub:

Pippi had a day off poo rolling, so Shannow had a turn instead :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Thats Moorgreen isnt it? You parked up near the Priory ruin? I havent done that walk for a while but it was one of my regular walks, it can get very creepy in those woods though, there are certain bits which make me feel uneasy!

It's a beautiful walk though.

I love looking at your photos because they are usually places I know so well and i've seen the exact same things numerous times and I kind of do the walk with you, if that makes sense?!

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I LOVE the photo of the three of them sat in a row. :)

Beautiful doggies.
Ditto, love love LOVE the family photo!

Thats Moorgreen isnt it? You parked up near the Priory ruin? I havent done that walk for a while but it was one of my regular walks, it can get very creepy in those woods though, there are certain bits which make me feel uneasy!

It's a beautiful walk though.

I love looking at your photos because they are usually places I know so well and i've seen the exact same things numerous times and I kind of do the walk with you, if that makes sense?!
Yes it's moorgreen. I've been up by the reservoir lots of times but this was new to us :) I'm going to explore the ruined priory next time :)

I never get spooked in the woods. Do you think it's haunted because of the priory?

Yes that makes sense :) I do the same with other's photos when I know the walk.

Looks a lovely walk! What I'd like to know if how come you can get three dogs to pose when I can't even get one to? :confused:
Put your dog(s) in a sit stay (dog won't sit and stay? practice practice and more practice) :) I can get Pippi and Bizkit to 'watch me' and get them facing the camera but Shannow is too nervous when she's out and she never stops moving her head looking around. In this case I was lucky that something caught all of their attention for a split second and they looked in the same direction.

Take about 50 photos and if you're lucky you'll get a good one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
What a perfect way to spend some time - I love exploring new places and it certainly looks like your lot did too; the 'fur family photo' is really lovely. I'm guessing Pippi didn't want a bath on her special day so Shannow kindly did the smelly honours :eek:.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Put your dog(s) in a sit stay (dog won't sit and stay? practice practice and more practice) :) I can get Pippi and Bizkit to 'watch me' and get them facing the camera but Shannow is too nervous when she's out and she never stops moving her head looking around. In this case I was lucky that something caught all of their attention for a split second and they looked in the same direction.

Take about 50 photos and if you're lucky you'll get a good one. :thumbup:
Thank goodness for digital cameras! Can you imagine how much film you'd waste? Or the wait until you'd finished the roll in the camera and sent it off to have it developed. Oh, and the having to remember where you were when you took the shot, and why you took it! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.