Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pinking

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by lfurby, Mar 30, 2011.

1. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

Hi can anyone advise me please my Ragdoll has been back from stud now 4 weeks and the breeder doesn't think she mated as nothing was witnessed and she hissed the whole time. she stayed there just over two weeks. however she still hasn't come back into call which before she was calling about every 3weeks. And i have checked her nipples the nipple its self is still very pale but the area around her nipples is very rosey in colour but i don't know if this is normal or if she's pregnant can anybody help please

2. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

jus out of interest did u stil av 2 pay the stud fee?

3. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

yes i did but this was a second attempt in all she had her there for a month

4. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

i think she may av already mated and thats why she was not interested in the male what do u think

5. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

no she came into call after the first attempt so i took her back right at the beginning of her heat cycle

6. Steverags

Steverags International Man of Mystery

Did you check her nipples before taking her too stud and are they now larger than before???

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Is it the same stud that you used before?

Its always a good idea to check the nipples before they go, normally they are very pale and tiny, and on the 3-4week after mating they become medium-large and pink.

Im not sure about the area around it, I always notice the nipples becoming larger and pinker.

It should be quite noticeable aswell when you look, if the nipples are still small and pale I would guess that she isnt, but maybe knocked out of call from coming and going back & forth to the stud?

8. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

I agree that it is quite noticeable.

I think it's going to be a case of being patient, i know it's difficult! :p

Some girls don't show much of a change in their nipples, just to confuse us more :rolleyes::

If her call cycle has changed you are in with a chance.

Wishing you the best of luck. :)

9. draculita

draculita PetForums Member

Try checking her nipples late at night and see if there is a change.

10. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

Hi there yes it was the same stud as before, i have tried to check her nipples late at night but still cant really tell. Her nipples are quite long but this is normal for her. If she did mate then she should be between 5 - 6 weeks pregnant she's put on a small amount of weight but she did lose a little weight when she was at stud. Also she still hasn't:confused: come back into call. I really don't Know first time dealing with a pregnant cat!:confused:

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

if she was 5-6weeks she would have big pink nipples and starting to show now, hasnt the breeder offered any help? Has she started to call again?

Has she had her cats HCM tested yet?

12. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

Hi ya yes she has started to HCM test her cats males are clear. No she still hasn't started to call yet which is why i am unsure. The first time i brought her home she called after about 3 weeks. But she is showing no signs of coming back in to call

13. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Ahh thats good am glad! :)

You said that she was very stressed there and lost weight? when you left her was she put straight in with the male or were they kept seperate but so they could see eachother?

Going to a strange home and new cats is highly stressful, that in its self can knock them out of call, I know, ive been there!

If she hasnt pinked up the only way you will know for sure is to take her to the vets, they can either feel her tummy (kittens can be felt from 3weeks) so at 5/6weeks they *should* be able to fell them, although sometimes they cant, hence the vets telling me that mine were in kitten, who then went on to have 6...

or a scan? Other than that if you dont want to do that just gota wait I guess!

Remember that your girl had to be HCM clear to! :)

14. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

How much do you think a vet check would cost?

15. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

just a standard vet check fee, what ever your vet says, they are normally 'average' £20?

scans are about £60, Thats what I paid anyway, so not sure about elsewhere, however I wouldnt bother really esp if she is showing no signs and if they vet cant feel anything, she should be showing by now (unless its a very small litter e.g. 1/2kittens, then im not sure if they show?) and picking up etc

16. lfurby

lfurby PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your help i think i will just wait and see i'll let you know how it goes:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice