Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pineapple

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Jan 21, 2012.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

What parts of the pineapple can the bunnies eat, anyone know? (pretty sure you will Bernie :p)

Got them one but dont know if they can have it with the "skin" left on or the green tufty bit?

Oh, and can guineas have it aswell?

*Heidi*

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Both rabbits and Guinea pigs can eat pineapple flesh/juice but not the skin or leaves, the leaves contain a sap that is an irritant :p

Only as a rare treat or to treat blockages tho as the pineapple juice breaks down the natural gut enzymes.

3. hazyreality

See, I knew you would know!

It is a very rare treat lol. I saw it in the supermarket, knew they could eat it(occasionally) and got one, then I looked at it and thought, hmm, what bits can they have, lol. They've never had it before (just juice during moulting) so they might not even like it but its worth a try :)

Thanks Bernie :)

*Heidi*

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Anytime hun :p
    My lot love pineapple juice but won't touch the flesh, but ya never know yours might like it :lol:

5. hazyreality

They proberly wont, lol, they do things like that to me :p
    Will try them with it for their sunday supper :p
    The plus side I have is that they are always in competition so tend to eat it just so the others cant :p

*Heidi*

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

You must take pics :p

7. hazyreality

Okey dokey, will take the camera out aswell!

*heidi*

8. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

I used the fresh fruit part when Willow was poorly and possibly had a blockage, worked. Folk said good now and again to aid digestion.

9. hazyreality

Change of plan, cant cut it up very well tonight, got a rather poorly index finger(right hand and I'm a righty!) which has a big bandage and I cant bend so they will have to wait a few days :(

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice