Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Pinch Me A.K.A. Prong Me"

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by MerlinsMum, Feb 24, 2014.

1. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Interesting article.....

"During a recent Facebook discussion, it was pointed out that I had never worn a prong collar. As such, I would have no idea whether a prong (a.k.a. pinch collar) causes pain. My knuckles firmly rapped, it seemed the only solution would be for me to open my mind and wear a prong collar."

Read more....

Pinch Me A.K.A. Prong Me | awesomedogs

2. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going to be stealing this and posting to my fb page, thanks for posting :001_smile:

3. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Interesting little article.

Having never wanted to be near a prong collar, let alone use one, I'm glad someone who has used them in the past realises how bad they can be.

I'd be more likely to try one on myself that have it on my dog.

I recommend anyone who's ever used one on their dogs to try this, making sure it's positioned and used as it is on the dog and see how they feel about it.

4. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Some of the comments are just ridiculous -

"The reason ALL COLLARS should be high on the neck just behind the ears is to avoid windpipe and nerve damage, look at an anatomy picture book dear,at be a colour in one so you don’t loose focus."

Here's a canine anatomy diagram -

[​IMG]

Now, what part of "high up around the ears" is going to avoid tracheal and laryngeal damage according to that?

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Very interesting article the arrogance of some of the people in the comments is ridiculous. They have a point about there being more muscle on a dog's neck but I can't imagine it makes it any better.

6. Sarah H

I'm afraid I couldn't bring myself to read too many comments, they wound me up too much!

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

A lot of justification, a lot of they're not dangerous in *sniff* intelligent hands. But then again I've seen positive trainers that can be as bad.

8. Sarah H

I think I'll have a read of them today as I'm less irritable...

Well I'd like to see them wearing one with an 'intelligent' hand on the end of the lead and then see what they think...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice