Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pigmented skin.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by applecrumlin, Jun 7, 2017.

1. applecrumlin

applecrumlin Oh Help Oh No it's a Gruffalo

When I brought Monkey home at 5 m.o. all her skin was white. Soon after, I noticed that her anus had turned black. Now, at 2 y.o. the skin on her belly and underarms is grey (still smooth and healthy) although inside her ears, and anywhere that she has hair (she has tan fur) the skin is still pale.
    I just wondered if any of this might give a clue to her breeding - she certainly looks like a pug mix, do most pugs have skin like this? I know that westies do, but she definitely doesn't look like a westie otherwise.

2. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Senior

Interesting post! Maggie's tummy has recently gone dark, used to be pink and she's 2 & a half, also tan coloured. She's a chihuahua cross & I wouldn't be surprised if she had some pug in her too.
    I think it's an age thing?

applecrumlin likes this.
  3. applecrumlin

applecrumlin Oh Help Oh No it's a Gruffalo

IMG_20170608_022843.JPG Yes Maggie and Monkey are very alike IMG_20170608_021912.JPG , they could be each other's understudies. Muttly's Goldie is similar too, I wonder what his belly is like?
    My late Uncle's standard greeting was "how's yer belly off fer wrinkles?" so I may start asking "how's yer dog's belly off fer pigment?"

I wish I understood where photos are inserted into posts, they seem to appear in random positions!

MaggiesMom likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice