Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Piggies!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Cherpi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE LOL! I went into my local pet shop and (I think I mentioned in another thread) they sell Guinea Pigs... Three of them sat in a cage... them and some hay and their food! I love that pet shop but they don't know how to look after them, and I asked him "Hey, how much for the guinea pigs and their cage" and his damn answer was "Well... the cage isn't really for sale... but the cage is £15 :)O) and the guinea pigs are £10 each (that's OK) and now I really want them D:!!

I just need to convice my mum xDDDDDD! I'm going to ask her to pay £45 and then I won't get any more pocket money for a few weeks, I hope she says yes!

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Why not consider a rescue guinea pig, lot's in rescue, babies are often born in there so always worth a try :)

Avoid pet shops, horrible places. You'll get a much happier and healthy piggy via rescue and no you have done a good thing :)

3. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

There is only one rescue (as far as I know) near me and I don't have a car so getting there would be annoying.

4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

But maybe worth the effort? Ultimately your choice though :)

5. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I agree with Amethyst :thumbup:

6. Lisaj

Lisaj PetForums Member

I run a guinea pig rescue and agree that if you are going to give them a home try and get rescue pigs. As soon as you take those pigs they will get more and not look after them right either.

7. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

also i doubt that the cage will be big enough, you need atleast 10.5 sq ft for 3 pigs

8. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

I have decided to buy it, I'm going to purchase a hutch (because my mum can't handle more pets in my house) and then when I move and get my own bedroom the little guys will go in there. I'm going to get my dad to take me to the rescue! You're right guys.

Do they have baby piggies at RSPCA centre's?

#8 Cherpi, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

It depends on what the local RSPCA have in at that time. My local one has adult guinea pigs but not babies. You're best getting in touch with them and finding out.

Good luck xxx

10. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

I'll be contacting my local RSPCA in a few months time :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice