Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pictures of our Bouvier puppy as asked for by Jen4Jen

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by classixuk, Jul 12, 2009.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Hi all,

We had some good news today about our puppy as we were leaving puppy training class!

The trainer told us, "That dog is a star. He's so intelligent, he will go really far. Stick with him because he is going far, I am telling you."

Well...that was out of the blue but well received. :D

Anyway, Jen4Jen pm'd me and asked me to post more pics of Paddy, as she is getting a Bouvier pup of her own in a weeks time.

So here you are (height wise, he is now 17.5" at the whithers and is 16 weeks old). I tried to take a few photos with me in them so you can judge his size. (these photos were taken over a 2 week period, hence his size difference in some photos)

Attached Files:

#1 classixuk, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

A couple more...

Attached Files:

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

He's a very handsome puppy. He's so big he's going to be huge.

4. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Thanks Nicky. I shall tell him that ;)

I must admit, that everywhere we go with him, people stop and ask "What breed is your dog?"

When we tell them he's just a pup of 16 weeks, they can hardly believe it.

Common responses are: "That's not a puppy, it's a bear!", "A boo what?" (when we tell them a Bouvier), "He is going to be HUGE!" and "Oh my gosh. His coat is so soft and fluffy!" (after they have stroked him).

I think we lucked out with Paddy if I am honest. The stork delivered us one very special dog!

:)

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

They are very special dogs I really love the breed. I'll definately have to get one some day.

6. rona

rona Guest

Not sure you should be encouraging him to be a lap dog :laugh::laugh:
    He's beautiful though

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

He's a stunning pup! How much does he weigh atm?

8. jen4jenuk2000

jen4jenuk2000 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the pics classixuk! wow hasn't he grown from a few weeks back!
    He really does look fluffy and soft! i'll have my own little fluff ball to stroke in under 7 days! :)

I'm not suprised the trainer said he was a little star, you have taught him early and he looks as though he knows his stuff... lets hope he doesn't get stubborn like the breed standard... :)

So cute!!

9. SallyUK

SallyUK PetForums Senior

Ooooh he's so gorgeous, I'd love one of these too, I'm sure Digby would love a buddy, but I'm still trying to convince OH! :rolleyes:

Sal
    x

10. sixfootblonde

sixfootblonde PetForums Newbie

He is stunning! WOW :)

We are getting a Bouvier this year. I too was going to get a girl from the lady in Ireland but decided to wait a bit more. I have never met one in real life but in photos and from what I hear and read - they are just the dog we are looking AND SO VERY CUTE!!!!

Look forward to seeing more photos, and am off to check out the videos. ;)

11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

aww hes just like a little Bear he looks so cuddly!:eek:

12. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

SixFootBlonde, Clare at Mon Cher Kennels won't disappoint as far as I am concerned.
    Although it's my first Bouv, I was lucky enough to be able to take him for an "assessment" by an A Panel KC judge who used to Judge for this breed at Crufts (he lives quite nearby). He also bred Bouvs for many years before retiring.

He had only good things to say about our pup - stunning coat, great ears, great shape, perfect nose and temperament. His wife even gave our pup his first "haircut" while we were there visiting, and they said that they would have our pup in a heartbeat if we ever decided that we couldn't keep him.

They had only good things to say about Mon Cher kennels, so I guess that you cannot get a higher recommendation than that.

I got speaking to a guy in Scotland who took one of their pups last year, and his pup has already won 2 firsts and 1 second place at Champion shows (if that's what you would be interested in).

If you have never seen a fully grown one, you really should try contacting some local breeders or try visiting a dog show. They are so much bigger in "real life" than any photos suggest. My jaw hit the floor when I finally saw a full grown Bouv.

Nicky09 on here has a 3 year old Bouv called Max and he is over 100lbs in weight!

Paddy is 4 months old, and weighs 2.5 stone and is 20.5 inches at the whithers already.

Everywhere you go with a Bouv, you are destined to make friends!

:)

13. sixfootblonde

sixfootblonde PetForums Newbie

Thank you :)

We are on the Hampshire/Dorset border - don't suppose you know anyone nearby that has a Bouv do you? ;)

Your dog sounds very bright and he is so handsome. We almost got Paddy's sister! There is a lady called Miranda who has had a litter and has one girl left. She will be ready at the end of August. So we may get her. I do not have time to show, but we may have a litter later on. I like the thicker set Bouv and I believe there are some people trying to change the Bouv - sadly.

Thanks for your reply :)

14. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Yeah I would go along to a dog show or something and meet a few. They are huge dogs as he said Max is something like 100lbs I'm not sure what that is is kgs. We first met him at 18 months and he was huge even then and he hadn't stopped growing yet I was really surprised I didn't think they were that big. You won't get anywhere fast with one everyone will want to stop and fuss over them it doesn't help we have a goldendoodle too who looks more like a fluffy teddy bear than anything else walks tend to be pretty slow around here even when Max is in the assistance dog jacket with patches saying don't touch people insist on asking to pet him.
    This is Max just so you can see the size roughly
    [​IMG]

#14 Nicky09, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  15. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Awwwww, hes a little cutie! :D :p

16. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

wow how gorgeous,:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice