Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pics of Taming!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Jamesy14, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jamesy14

Jamesy14 PetForums Member

Well This is my rabbit Gimli, hes meant to be all black but gets a sort of like sun tan in the summer :) So some people may have realised my previous post about him not being tame well the first picture is me feeding him some celery and the 2nd is him investigating his new toy. Hes starting to investigate me more but a few mins ago he went behind me and scrabbled at my back is this okay and what does it mean??? Thanks More all the tips on taming guys ! :)

Attached Files:

2. frags

frags PetForums VIP

ahhhh what an absolute sweetie he is!!
    do you mean he was scratching at your clothes on your back? if so mine do this lol dont know what it means tho cos mine tend to chew my clothes after doing it

3. Jamesy14

he did start to chew it too, must be normal then

4. frags

frags PetForums VIP

yeah lol for some reason all my lot bite my clothes!

keep up the great work and keep updating us :D

5. Jamesy14

Will do had alot more pictures will put them up later

6. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Awwww he's stunning!!!! Sounds like you are doing a brilliant job already, my dreamer climbs all over me, thats a great sign! :D

7. Jamesy14

Some more pictures of him

Attached Files:

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

he is adorable i love his tan :D

9. miss-freak-of-nature

miss-freak-of-nature PetForums Member

He is a real stunner :p

To tame my bunnies down I use to just spend hours sitting in their run reading a book with their treats in my lap, so they would get use to me by jumping all over me and eating out of my lap.

Marnie x

10. Jamesy14

Today made him a sort of fruit Kebab thing hung from the ceiling had some cucumber, carrot and a lil bit of strawberry ( if he has too much he gets super hyper), gave him a little soft ball thing and he seemed happily to let me stroke him when he was eating and is starting to smell me more, im so excited that he might actualy be on the way to being a lovely tame rabbit :) , My mum and dad are hosting a greek night on saturday all my family is oming so opefully he will be tame because i have about 4 vousins and a sister who ae under 6 years old so they will be wanting to play with him , dont worry though i will be supervising :) but anyway i think hes on the way ! :D

thanks for all the help so far guys :)

11. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Nope, he's not black - he's a Sable! :D

12. Jamesy14

what does that mean :S sorry for such a stupid question , hes my first rabbit

13. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

It's just his colouring: the name for that rabbit colour is Sable. It's a common colour in mini-lops, netherland dwarfs and several other breeds; there is also a pure breed called the Sable.

Siamese Sable is like yours - no white markings.
    Marten Sable - has white around the eyes, inside the nose & ears, insides of front legs, on tummy & under tail with a some long silvery hairs along the sides of the body.

14. Jamesy14

but hes not always like that though in the summer he gets the brown, then all other months hes all black

15. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i was going to mention he was a sable :D i have a french lop siamese sable who only shows the browny colour in the summer months, she has just had 8 kits 4 albino whites and the others are being debated lol 2 martin sables but some say black fox 1 black otter and 1 either self black or siamese sable.

i love the way sables change colour in the summer

16. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw he's a cutie! Glad to see your making progress with him, I'm sure he'll come round if you keep spending time with him :D

nice to see he seemed to enjoy the toilet roll tube stuffed with hay too! mine like that!

When mine lived outdoors I used to hang carrots from the roof of their run which used to keep them occupied for a while! :)

17. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

the scratching around ur back is just him trying to get pasts, my rabbit does this with every little nook and cranny just burrowing habits

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice