UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We inherited an old shed from my parents and decided it would be perfect for the buns, it was covered in green rubbish and looking a little sorry for itself...

This was it dismantled on delivery :)

I roped Steves parents into helping us, Steves dad is very good at DIY and was an engineer so i have had him down two weekends in a row from warwickshire :lol:

Giving it a good scrub :D

Came up pretty nice!

We then leveled the shed floor and gave that a scrub...

Putting the shed togather...

Teddy was also helping.... well inspecting our work really...

The roof going on...

We then stained the shed with wood protector..

As for the run i bought some decent treated would as the frame work and we dismantled my 8ft run and the run from my happyhutch combo and just spruced it up abit, had to shorten a couple of panels slightly (they didnt match!!) and gave it a lick of stain too.

Catflap went in...

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And this is it so far....

Got the plastic sheeting for the run roof and guttering... waiting for steves dad again... :lol:

.....What do you think?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( 26 views and no comments

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
They are going to be very happy bunnies, that's for sure! :eek:

Are you going to put shelves and what not for the to climb in the run bit? What about access to some grass? I'd fix a wicked tunnel for them off the edge of the wall bit, or even steps. Crikey you have made my creative juices flow now ... I want bunnies again and I want a mahoosive shed and run like yours :lol:

Do you have a contact number? My husband may want to speak with you :lol: He will have some choice words, just for you!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are going to be very happy bunnies, that's for sure! :eek:

Are you going to put shelves and what not for the to climb in the run bit? What about access to some grass? I'd fix a wicked tunnel for them off the edge of the wall bit, or even steps. Crikey you have made my creative juices flow now ... I want bunnies again and I want a mahoosive shed and run like yours :lol:

Do you have a contact number? My husband may want to speak with you :lol: He will have some choice words, just for you!
haha yeh get bunnies!!

Yes its still a working project, i want to put some levels for the bunnies to play on and some shelves in thats why we've left the shelving plates inplace. Grass wise they have lots of free range time in my 90ft garden :) The run will be covered so at least they have plenty of secure space when we are out, dont want anything digging in!

The overly size including the run is 14ftx8ft :D

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
:001_wub: Loving it and great to see all the pics of it being put together.

Especially like the one of you holding the screw whilst the men are on there knees building :thumbup:

It looks fab and they are going to be very happy buns :thumbup

xx:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wow! Looks great, lucky lucky bunnies in their mansion ;)
Chloe x

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
so now we know where the new series of "Girls of the bunny Mansion" will be filmed! :lol:

Some very lucky rabbits there x

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:001_wub: Loving it and great to see all the pics of it being put together.

Especially like the one of you holding the screw whilst the men are on there knees building :thumbup:

It looks fab and they are going to be very happy buns :thumbup

xx:
Thanks, thats Steves mum though not me!! Im behind the camera!! lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
wow thats fab. i want to extend our run as i dont think its big enough and bunny wont go in the garden due to the dogs chasing him... we have a hutch ontop of a run.my bunny would love that home.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely brilliant, are Teddy and the gang going in there?
As soon as they are bonded yes... they are in the shed now but in the crate still, Joey went for Teddy when i gave them the whole shed... i got abit over confident with their bonding, they'd been so good the last few days... paid for that mistake think ive gone back a few days now!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
As soon as they are bonded yes... they are in the shed now but in the crate still, Joey went for Teddy when i gave them the whole shed... i got abit over confident with their bonding, they'd been so good the last few days... paid for that mistake think ive gone back a few days now!!
Aww that's a shame :(

Last bit I read, things were going sooo well :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.