Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pics of my girl at 5 weeks some advice would be great

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by rottielover, Jul 16, 2009.

1. rottielover

rottielover PetForums Junior

Hi this is chelsea at 5 weeks if u could take a look as i am still unsure if she is pregnant or not as i have said before her ribs are bigger but her teats are not getting bigger they are more pointy though but when i feel her belly it still feels the same so am quite cofused any advice would be nice did take her to the vets when she was 3 weeks and the vet did say she didd'nt think she was pregnant but could'nt be 100 % sure thanks again :)

Attached Files:

2. Boston

Boston PetForums Member

please just go and have her scanned then you will know if she is or is not, we cant tell most of the times from pictures.

She is a lovely looking dog by the way :D

3. rottielover

thanku very much i have been told and have read on here a few times that the scan has come back inconclusive though

4. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Hi

I would get her scanned i got my bitch scanned at 5 wks and i was told she has 7 and she did
    heres a picture of my girl's belly at 5wks

Attached Files:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It may be inconclusive, it may show pups. Wont hurt to have one done.

6. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I have used scan's on more than one occasion wioth my girls and they have always been correct, they even detected one of my girls having an infection in her uterus, which was a godsend as we could have lost had we not taken her for a pregnancy scan.

take care

Sarah

7. rottielover

she seems a lot bigger than chelsea so maybe she is'nt pregnant:(

8. rottielover

ok will get her scanned in ur eyes does she look like she might be pregnant though ?

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

We have only ever had one bitch scanned and it cost £28 with imo itsnt agreat deal!

Get her scanned what if she is pregnant have you got all the kit you need?

Also Getting her scanned (if pups show up) the vet can give you and idea of the size of the pups and the date she will welp!
    Or vet told us the date she will welp and she welped that exact day!!
    What im trying to say is it wont hurt to get her scanned but im sure i have already told you like 3 times to have one done! LOL

10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

She could be she might not be! Know one can tell you from a picture!

You really need to get this confirmed because if she is pregnant she will need her diet changing and her meals upped

11. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

TBH no Idon't hink she is my girl is 5 weeks this week and her nipples are bright pink and her tummy slightly distended, but as I know my girl well and know how she acts when she is pregnant, your girl may well be a very different kettle of fish if it is her first litter they don't tend to show as soon or at least it is like that with my girls.

Ii will try and find a pic of my girls tummy at 5 weeks from her last litter.

take care

Sarah

12. rottielover

thanku we have upped her diet just in case anyway :)

13. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

This is my girl all beit she is a much smaller breed than yours, she has just turned 5 weeks.

take care

Sarah

Attached Files:

14. rottielover

ahhhh how sweet yeah i can see what u mean though thanku for taking the time to put the pic on i am sure they will be gorgeous :)

15. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

i,ve got a little girl comming up 5 weeks and i would say she is carrying but i usually find that its after 5 weeks when they drop down from the ribs and the suddenly expand then you can say for definate

16. rottielover

thanku i will definately keep an eye on her as her ribs are definately enlarged has your dog got enlarged teats yet though?

17. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

I cant tell from pics but id def get scanned ..my vet always says at around 6 weeks u can usually tell as they suddenly drop more in tummy ..but i have to say my last bitch i never had scanned and i was unsure upto a week before when i felt pups ..it drove me loopy not knowing lol
    SCANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! lol

18. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

My girl is now 6 weeks and we had her scanned Weds which showed quite a few pups. She started eating a bit more at 5 weeks and lost her waist. Your vet should be able to scan....ours did and cost £28.
    Gonna be a busy few weeks on here if all these puppy's are born when due lol:)

19. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

I only have experience of breeding labradors but at 5 weeks any abdominal enlargement has been minimal with just a slightly thicker waist.We tend to go by the more subtle signs,hair loss round the nipples,darkening or pinking of the skin at the base of nipples,which looking at the photos your bitch seems to have so i would be quite hopeful although a convincing phantom may also show these symptoms.Good luck.

20. rottielover

thanku very much yeah she seems to be getting a bit grumpier now as well especially with my other dog

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice