Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Picnics!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mr.stitches, Aug 1, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

I am treating OH and I to a picnic tomorrow - and Pippin...and im off to Marks and Spencers later to stock up.

What do yo all love to eat at picnics? Have any of you had any picnic disasters?!:eek:

Post Away!

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Mini sausages, sausage rolls, crisps, coke, sandwiches, cheese, cake, biscuits, etc etc :D
    And my dad packs beer and wine too if adults are coming LMAO!
    Have a great time, hope the weather stays nice for you x

3. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Thanks Jess!

You cant beat picnic food can you! Seem to eat more of it though than a normal meal!

Even if its raining we will still go, sit in the car with a flask and steamy windows!

4. rona

rona Guest

I always have salad food and I love those little tea cakes with chocolate on the outside and marshmallow inside. YUM
    Took my parents horse racing a few years ago and went early and had a picnic before racing started, very pleasant thing to do.
    Have a good day :)

5. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Nope! Picnics are fantastic fun, especially in the summer when the weather is nice...managed to have a lovely picnic with my dad's side of the family which we certainly don't see very often when we went to Beamish Museum, was lovely even if I did burn :p

6. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

AWWW I love picnics!! :D

We have had cold picnics with: sandwiches, crisps, carrot sticks, cucumber, bell peppers chopped into 'sticks', cherry tomatoes, quiche, cold pizza, cakes, chocolate, fruit juice and water.

Hot picnis with: homemade carrot soup, crusty buttered rolls, homemade trifle and hot drink.
    Homemade pasta sauce put into a flask, cooked pasta in a tub then mix when at destination. Even with grated cheese in a tub! Yummy :)

I hope we get some picnic weather back soon!!

Have a great time and enjoy all your picnic food :D

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I love picnics, I don't get to go often though.

I just have the usual stuff, sandwiches, some fruit, crisps, sweets and drinks though we used to go to asda and get barbeque drumsticks etc :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice