Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pickle's

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Jul 5, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

I got Pickles a run about 1 month ago. I am absolutely delighted with how it turned out. The reinforced wired and frame make it incredibly secure. The cat can sit on the top or it and it doesn't make it move - she is a big lump too lol. I have great difficulty moving it - so it was a very safe run.

I will try and include a few photos of it. It was just cleaned out here and all her toys and tunnels etc were not back in. Also the sun block thing etc were not on top.

Gosh, I can't remember how to do this. Here's one go . . . It worked - There is also no hay in the run. Her hay rack is sitting on the chair in the photo. As I Said, I had just cleaned it out and hadn't put much back in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 jaxb05, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Its a lovely run!! nice and big!! bet she loves it!!

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

thats great, my lot would love that,:D

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Thats really nice. Im thinking of getting one for my guinea pigs.

5. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Looks fab whre did you get that little hammock? x

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

they was from ebay, i got 1 for dexter too he loves it!!

does yours fall apart hun? run looks fab!!

7. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone. My only regret with the run is that it is soo heavy and I wish I had made it wider. Ahhh well - the next time. I would imagine I could sell my current run now in a year or so and get a bigger one.

Frags, I think that Pickles chewed a bit of the hammock. I ended up taking it out of the run as she wouldn't use it. My big fat cat sleeps on it every single day. She loves it. It's so funny when she cautiously and slowly gets on it to lie down. There are all sorts of creaking noises. :rolleyes: Each time I see her get on it, I expect it to collapse hehe. :eek: There is an inch and half where Pickles chewed and it is hanging on by threads. It is not going to be able to handle Lucy the cat for much longer. I went to order another one but they are not free to post anymore and cost £7.50 to buy!!

Jacqui

Random Ps . . . I meant to say in the title, Pickle's run but left out the run - so it came out as Pickle's

#7 jaxb05, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  8. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

That's nice! Very spacious :)

Chloe x

9. frags

frags PetForums VIP

mid wouldnt use it but dex loves it but he is so heavy he kinda wrecks it and it falls apart lol

10. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

my hammock that i got from ebay the same time as you falls apart! I had to selotape the bottom pieces together!

the run does look great aswell!

*Heidi*

11. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

That looks awesomee!
    my buns are jealous ;]

12. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

It is really nice!! Where did you get it from?

Is it ok to put there runs on hard surfaces? At the moment I let mine run around in the house for exersize.

Harry digs loads of holes in the grass if I let him on there and there are places where he could get out of the garden so he would have to go in a run as I wouldn't want him to dig out and get out of the garden.

13. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I think its fine to put them on hard surfaces, mine all have their runs on patio slabs, keeps their nails a bit shorter and stops them digging out! I have put some turf in plant pots for them and put them in the runs so they still get to graze if they want!

*Heidi*

14. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Lisa, I did some research about having the run on a hard surface and it seems it is just fine to do. As Heidi said, it keeps their nails down.

I had the run made by a wire worker here in Belfast. The guy charged me only £95.00 for materials and to make it and he delivered it too!!! I have decided tonight that I am going to ring him this week and ask him about extending the run width wise. I am hoping that it will not be a massively big job. I just want to make the run as big as I can.
    Jacqui

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice