Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pickles the JRT can you love her as much as I do?

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by kayla, Oct 15, 2009.

1. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

If you are interested in adopting Pickles, please read about our adoption procedure and complete our pre Adoptive Interest form (link below) and Katherine will contact you for a chat
    Pre-adoption form - www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk

Pickles came in from a pound in Swindon last November. She had been found wandering and just a sad little bag of bones. She did not seem able to eat and when her mouth was checked a stick was lodged at the top. This was removed but as it had been there a considerable time the top of her mouth had rotted so Pickles was left with a hole the size of a 50p.

8 monthe later Pickles is a different dog. She still has the hole which we had hoped would start to close over but this hasn't happened. When she came in she would choke when eating and became food phobic. A diet of cooked chiken kept her going but shw failed to put on any weight. By pure chance a visit to McDonalsds drive through with a group of the children I work with I discovered that Pickles loves McDonalds plan burgers. With approval from the vet she has visited the local drive through 3 times a weel and loves her burger and bun.

She has now put on some weight and is a fit, happy, healthy little dog. She may have been a working dog as she is a terror with cats and anything small and furry. She must have a home where there are no visiting cats or other little creatures. She is great with children and loves to come to work with me. because she is so very tiny she would need a home with children over 10.

It is going to break my heart tp part with my little friend but I have cats and there arer lots of cats where I live that come down from the farm behind. I am soi scared that one day Pickles will get loose and the result coyuld be disaster.

It is unlikely that the hole in her mouth will close over so care has to be taken with her food. She is not allowed any little tit bits but loves chews. Children would need to unnderstand this. If food gets lodged in the hole Pickles will snort till it moves and I have never had to intervene but I am careful with what she eats.

Pickles gets on with my very laid back, seen it all befire, who have you brought home now dogs She is not always so friendly to in your face dogs that she feels are invading her space. Pickles is crate trained and loves nothing better that being out and about in the van.

I love this handbag sized girl to bits but want what is best for her and best for the neighbourhood moggies. Please contact me for further details or visdit our website and read about our adoption procedures.
    Home - www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice