Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pickle's have her operation tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hope it goes well. I will be a nervous wreck!
    Jacqui

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Good luck Pickles.
    I am sure she will fine but a nerve wracking day for you no doubt xx

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks Toddy. x

4. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Good luck Pickles xxxx

5. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Pickle's operation went well. The poor little darling looks so out of it. The vet said she had eaten a tiny bit. I don't think she did. I have placed a cushion in her sleeping area and covered with with a new towel. When I checked on her - she looked like she was shaking - so I placed another new towel over her. It has been on her about an hour and she has not bugged.

I placed some of her favourite foods upstairs with her and some water. I also put a bit of coriander in her sleeping area - she has not touched it. I am checking on her at least each half hour - but I don't want to be stressing her - but I am stressed seeing her not eat. Is it ok she hasn't eaten ? is it ok to check each half hour - should it be more - or less?

I had thought about bringing her inside and putting her in Wuzzle's cage and having him outside. I am concerned about this as Pickle's is not happy in the house and I am afraid she would go downhill.

Any advice - please. I am worried sick.
    Thanks - Jacqui

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

awwwwww hun its natural to worry about them, im sure she will be fine. i would be checking alot too lol

7. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Frags, you're a star. Thanks for the reply. It's just that she's not eating - so worried. Just put another hand towel in her sleeping area. To keep her nice and warm. It's so blustery here today. poor wee pet. I am sure she hasn't a clue what is going on with her.

8. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Poor pickles....im sure she will be back to her old self before you know it! xx

9. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Poor Pickles im sure its nothng to worry about Barney was like that after his op and didnt eat til quite a bit afterwards, he just slept all night until the next day! And ive heard that doe's ops are a lot worse then bucks, just make sure she is kept warm and just keep checking on her. If she isnt eating by the morning then give the vet a call x

10. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks guys. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice