Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pickles again

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

wee Pickle's has not eaten yet. I will do what you said, Kelly, and ring the vet in the morning if she is has not eaten. Each time I check her, I I pass a little food under her wee nose. She just is not interested. She has drunk three times that I have put a little under her nose. I suppose that is good. I have not been sleeping lately - I am so tired - but I think I will sleep on the sofa tonight - so I can check on her often. I am up early in the morning as I have to be someplace at 8.30 am. I can ring the vet then if needs be.

I am such a worrier - maybe I am being too concerned. It's just that she is one of my little babies and I am so worried.
    Jacqui

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

when I had Miffy spayed she didnt eat for the rest of the day or night, I was giving her all her fave treats and she didnt touch them. so i took her back to the vets and they gave her more pain relief and anti-inflammatories and kept her in over night. I was so worried. I called first thing in the morning and they said she had started eating and was even fighting the vet not to pick her up. I think lady buns just take a while longer to heal. If it was a woman they'd have her in hospital for ages. I wish vets just kept them over night instead it would've saved me a lot of worry.

3. umber

umber PetForums VIP

How is Pickles today?

4. xpalaboyx

xpalaboyx PetForums VIP

any update with your pet?

is Pickles eating already?

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

hope pickles is eating and back up on her feet x

6. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Hi Jacqui

Hows Pickles today? Has she manged to eat something yet? Hope all is well xx

7. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone. Pickles has eaten a little around 6 am today. She has eaten a small bit more a short time ago. Phew. I can breathe now!!
    Jacqui

Kelly, is Stan ok>?

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:) thats great news

9. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Pleased to hear that Jacqui!

Stan is back to his normal self - he was straight away, just a little sleepy but still running about, still chewing the skirting boards and still squirting on me when i tell hm off, he always does this, im hoping it will stop! :D

10. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Poor pickles im sure she will perk up now she has eaten a little. Its much more invasive operation for a female isnt it! Bless her! x

11. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Pickle's is not great yet. She has eaten a little. She keeps peeing on her bedding. It is because she's not used to pillows and towels. I keep washing them and keeping them to replace the existing ones. She saw the vet today - I couldn't believe how well he wound looked. Dissolvable stitches. You can hardly see the wound.

Kelly - oh he's a naughty Stan - but funny lol.

12. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh dear poor Pickles, did the vet say she is doing ok though?

Stan has to go back tomorrow to check his stitches etc.

13. umber

umber PetForums VIP

awww hoping she perks up more soon lots of love to her!

14. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I dont think Miffy was herself for a good 10 days I was so worried then all of a sudden she started running rings around me and was back to normal. she'll soon start peeing in the corner/litter box once shes a little more comfortable. I was told to use that paper pet bedding, which she wasnt interested in

15. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks - Pickle's is doing better. She is eating much better and is more lively. She came running up the stairs just now to see what food I had for her. Phew. I can relax now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice