Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Phew! What a scorcher!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sarah H, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

So unfortunately I was working today. Although it's a boarding kennels so I was outside in the sunshine! But it was just too hot, and if I'm sweltering I dread to think how the dogs would feel traipsing around in this heat.
    So I came home for lunch and it was too hot to take Nooka and Fly for a run, so instead we settled for a nice calming chew....on a deer leg! Think they will last a couple of days though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Om nom nom

Grace Bob, ouesi, StormyThai and 4 others like this.
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

It was far too warm for us yesterday too!

Jack was sprawled out on the floor in front of the fan most of the day :)

Sarah H likes this.
  3. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

Luckily (or unluckily) we spent half of yesterday travelling home from holiday so had the air con on in the car all the way back but it's supposed to be worse today :mad:

I know we all complain when it's raining but I hate it when it's too hot & the dogs must be so uncomfortable.

Sarah H and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. danielled

danielled Guest

I kept having to remind Buddy to go where it's cooler yesterday before he got into danger zone. Good job I was watching because he was just sleeping outside.

Sarah H likes this.
  5. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

We only took ours to the river for a dip, they enjoyed it and splashed about for an hour or so, in the shade. What a life eh!

Sarah H likes this.
  6. Bullseye

Bullseye PetForums Junior

We have a wooded area locally planted in memory of a person who died tragically, the shade and a slow walk were relief from the heat.

Then we sat outside with a pressure lantern and enjoyed a cool evening-bliss

Sarah H likes this.
  7. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

We felt it was too hot to go for a walk yesterday as well (not just for Holly, but for us too!). Luckily she enjoys pottering around in the garden just as much and I bought her a little paddling pool to help keep her cool.

FB_IMG_1497806805624.jpg

Sarah H and Magyarmum like this.
  8. Bullseye

Bullseye PetForums Junior

My big footed oaf would probably take the paddling pool out with his foot- but great idea

Sarah H likes this.
  9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I wish my lot enjoyed water but in large amounts its apparently toxic and to be avoided at all costs (at least thats what they think).:rolleyes:
    Way too hot for walkies today but luckily I have a tiny, tiny park directly oppisite my house! Usually its no good for walks as it really is small, has no fencing againest the very busy road and most of the time is filled with kids or drunk teenagers.
    However it was empty first thing so I took everybody out one at a time on a long line for a quick 15min potter around. Its not much but I think it breaks the day up abit for them.:)

Sarah H likes this.
  10. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I bought a cheap paddling pool but so far they are totally uninterested! Been using it for cooling my feet instead!
    Chucked treats in and Fly waded about eating them, and chucked his toy in it when he had a bit of energy, but other than that nothing!
    Yesterday they had tracheas stuffed with yoghurt and frozen for a bit. Sometimes I think they eat better than me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice