Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Phew that was a bit of an epic

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cravensmum, Oct 21, 2012.

1. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

A beautiful afternoon so I decided to take Craven and Flint on one of our walks from home,along the river,through a couple of fields,along a farm track,through a couple more fields then home.It usually takes about an hour.

All was going well,along the river,through the first field,then I looked towards where we were going and I could see the second field from home had cows in it.

No problem,we would walk a bit further along the farm track and take a left along another farm track.

Walking along this track we came across a huge puddle right across the path,more like a small pond really.

No problem we will just walk on the edge next to the fence.

Until Craven yelped in pain and came to me,it was an electric fence and he had just got a shock:(

No problem we will just back track and go a bit further up the original farm track onto the road.

Until we got onto the road and I realised there wasn't a pavement,it's only a B road,but it's a fast road.

So I gathered up Cravens longline,which by now was soaking wet and really muddy and we walked about 500 yards along this road until we could drop down into the farm yard where we could join the electrified track.

Until we were half way along the path and there was an electrified fence across it as well.:mad:

No problem as I got down on my hands and knees on the wet ground and rolled under the fence into the field that had had cows in it until recently.The dogs could get under no problem.

So as we were getting to the end of the track I knew we would now be able to see the last field and home,so I jokingly said to the dogs,I will be p1ssed off if that field has cows in too.

I spoke too soon,it had,so we went back up onto the road,luckily this last bit has a pavement and made our way home along the road.

What should have been a 1 hour stroll,turned into a 2 hour nightmare.:mad:

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh no, that sounds like a bit of a nightmare!
    Put your feet up and have a stiff drink! :D

3. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Oh god! I hate it when walks turn sour! Ive had plenty of wet and wild walks like that!xxx

4. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

What a pain in the nether regions!

I don't do walks with fields on route around here as they either have cows or sheep in them.

5. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Oh no :( you won't be taking that route in a hurry again :frown2:

6. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh what a nightmare! :( Bet you could do with a nice cup of tea, eh?

7. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

The good news was it was dry and warm enough for just a t-shirt.:thumbup1:

The bad news they keep moving the cows into different fields,and I never know which fields if any they are going to be in.:(

8. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

Bless you guys, what a pain! I will second and third that a cup of tea is needed! We used to walk in a field with an electric fence and Rupery screamed like a pig to slaughter when he got caught, and the second and third times too! :eek: He won't go in the field now!

9. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

What a nightmare; I have had a few walks like that....hope it's your last in a while and tomorrow brings a lovely cow - free stroll :).

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Cows are my worst enemy on a walk :eek: When a friend on FB lost her dog, it was in these woods where cows are sometimes put. I have never been there before but there was signs saying keep dogs on the lead because there may be cows, so i did and wondered through this main section for about 40mins and then through a gate into another area, I then decided to go back the way I came before we got lost :eek: Well there was a heard of cows in the main section about 50m from the gate I hadn't seen or heard any signs off them when we was walking through there earlier :eek: I thought well they must be friendly as they was in a country park so thought we would walk quietly past them, we went through the gate, one looked up and went Mooo then they all started to trot over :eek: :eek: :eek: we quickly made a exit back into the other section ! The only trouble is we had to at some point rejoin the main section as that was the only way to the car park :frown2: We followed the fence along for 5 mins or so until there was another gate , so back into the cow section we went :eek: i kept having visions of them creeping up on us like in the Cravendale advert :lol:

Needless to say that walk has never been added to the walk list :frown2:

11. Shazach

Shazach PetForums VIP

One of those days :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Bet the pups still enjoyed themselves though (aside from the shock that is) :thumbup1:

12. Howl

Howl PetForums VIP

Hate going into cow fields with my two. D is unreactive on her own but I don't trust E.
    Mr Howl had a similar walk recently ran out of petrol, ended up holding both of them nearly by the collar along a busy stretch when all the rabbits decided to join them running left and right, pheasants dive bombing, fast cars, puddles and D trying to jump into a field under some barbed wire to catch her own lunch. He came back not a happy camper. After the petrol station E decided the petrol can was pure evil and the walk back to the car trying to jump away from it. :frown2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice