Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Phenobarb and restlessness?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lotlot, Jan 30, 2012.

1. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

Finlay has recently started on phenobarbitone medication, alongside Keppra to try to control the focal seizures he appears to be having.

But since starting the phenobarb he has been a nightmare!! He can not settle at all and has become sooo clingy. He has to be permanently attached to my legs, and he never sleeps!! It's horrible to watch because he looks physically exhausted, but for some reason his mind won't let him rest :(

Is this a common side effect of the medication? I hope this will pass :crying:

2. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

I've never heard of it , sorry, have you asked in the Health section?

3. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

I'm on something very similar (it might be exactly the same!) and if he feels anything like I do, I'm not surprised.

The first three weeks I could barely sleep at all, even with sedatives, and cried whenever I was left on my own. Its very disorientating, and makes you feel really weird - like a bizarre out-of-body experience, but constantly.

I feel for him - I hope he is feeling better soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice