Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Phantom pregnancy advice

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Debbie1000, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Debbie1000

Debbie1000 PetForums Junior

Hi, my girl having a phantom pregnancy, seems to be pretty text book symptoms. Spoke to vet today and he was pretty much that it will just run its course and if symptoms dont subside in 2 - weeks then take her in. Would appreciate any advice to help her through, taken away toys she was guarding, but she seems very anxious and panting and very clingy with me. Any supplements that may help her?

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Taking away her toys she was using as substitute pups was the correct thing to do. Also, if she has any blankets/bidding she is digging into a nest, you should remove them too.

Some bitches will drink excessively when having a phantom and you should stop her doing that. Don't give extra food if she appears more hungry than usual.

If you can, increase her exercise and spend more time training/playing with her.

Distraction is one of the best things you can do for her and otherwise, treat her as you normally would. I would have her spayed when your Vet advises.

I don't know of any supplements which would be useful.

niamh123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice