Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Phantom pregnancy advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Debbie1000, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie1000

Debbie1000 PetForums Junior

Hi, my girl having a phantom pregnancy, seems to be pretty text book symptoms. Spoke to vet today and he was pretty much that it will just run its course and if symptoms dont subside in 2 - weeks then take her in. Would appreciate any advice to help her through, taken away toys she was guarding, but she seems very anxious and panting and very clingy with me. Any supplements that may help her?

2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

Both my bitches had phantoms and honestly there's nothing you can give or do to speed up the process. If they've had one phantom after a cycle they are very likely to have one after every cycle from there on (I asked and vet confirmed). Only way to stop it is spay but you have to wait X amount of time after the phantom has finished.

Just treat her like a normal non pregnant dog and she'll be fine. I'll tag some members who helped me when I was in the same boat.

@Rafa , @Blitz , @Lurcherlad got any ideas?

3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Duplicate thread in dog Breeding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice