Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

PF runners thread?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ouesi, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Yep I have found running for years my tummy and back is now quite firm. I also do a lot of walking. My muscles do sometimes get achy a hot bath and glass of vino normally sorts this.

Cleo38 and ouesi like this.
  2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, that probably true. I just start worrying when I have any back pain as I don't want to make it worse or do anything that will trigger a flare up again as when that does happen it really is awful

ouesi likes this.
  3. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I have slight scoliosis and have suffered back pain for years. Since doing yoga and really focusing on keeping my core strong, I haven't had a bad flare up (coming on 5 years now). I know exactly what you mean about minor twinges and the worry that will turn in to the big flare up, but I'm figuring out that muscle soreness is okay.

4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

IMG_3062.JPG IMG_3047.JPG IMG_3056.JPG IMG_3054.JPG

21.1 miles today the boxers joined me for about half we ended up covered in mud it's so wet. Marathon in two weeks sadly my little running buddies can't join me.

diefenbaker, ouesi and Cleo38 like this.
  5. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Nice!!! Well done!!

Boxer123 likes this.
  6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Lovely pics .... & very impressive mileage! I can't imagine ever running that distance, good luck for your marathon though.

Out of interest, how do you manage to run on ground like that? I really struggle & worry about hurting myself or slipping & putting my back out again (happened when I was walking once & took me 3wks to get over it).

7. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Not very well I was all over the place I have trail shoes with extra grip for days like today I prefer being off road as the lunatics like a good run. I go slow on these bits and watch my feet of course then sox trips me up anyway!

The marathon is mostly road so hopefully easier !

Cleo38 likes this.
  8. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Will have to have a look at some as they might be beneficial for me with some of the routes I do.

Was running with the dogs in a forest near me but there are so many deer about atm that I just end up looking out for them (before Roxy spots hem!) & not concentrating on what I'm doing so am running along river bans with the dogs instead now or doing roads/tracks if I go by myself.

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

This is such an inspirational thread!:D
    I went out for my second attempt today. Had a dliemma about where to run as the torrential rain lately has left the park a mudfield and wasnt brave enough to try on the roads so.....I ran laps of the local graveyard! (perfect, nobody bothered me at all!LOL):Smug
    Was much easier today and I managed the 1 minute run sections better and recovered quicker too. Doing some research though I think I may have been going abit too fast the last time. This time you could of overtaken me at a brisk walk but it made it much easier.
    Ive order some new trainers but I think Im going to have to replace my walking boots too. Im actually lopsided (I go down on my right heel but not my lefto_O) so I really notice when the support goes in my shoes.
    Still any effort is better then no effort at all!:cool:

diefenbaker, Cleo38 and ouesi like this.
  10. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

They are useful for off road. Loads of deer here to I have to be careful as the boxers do chase them if they see them first. Saying that sox has had one 3 foot away and not noticed !

Cleo38 likes this.
  11. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Well done I hope your enjoying it ! A good pair of trainers really do make the difference.

12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Fantastic achievement @catz4m8z! When I started I was doing too much (long distances) & ended up hurting my knee then my ankle so make sure you do stick to the programme you are following or increase things gradually. When my fitness started to improve t was the recovery time I noticed first, initially I was done in after my run but pretty soon I was able to get my breath back & get on with things as normal quite quickly.

I always try to run where no-one can see me but horror of horrors I was out on Friday & saw two proper runners coming towards me, they were a air distance away but as it is so flat across the Fens I could see them .... oh the panic! But luckily they turned off down another track before they got to me thank God :D

13. diefenbaker

diefenbaker PetForums Modmin

If you know what you want then the online retailers do some good deals. I got my GoreTex Salomon Speedcross 4's for £75.

Boxer123 and Cleo38 like this.
  14. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I love my Solomon s good for walking as well.

15. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I'm pretty disappointed in my Solomons :Bag
    I had high hopes, but a) they're really heavy, like, noticeably heavy, and two, the way they break in the toe box hits me right at my big toe joint and anything longer than 4 miles actually bruises that joint. They're not too big or too small, they just don't get along with my feet. I'm giving them to a friend of mine 'cause I've worn them too much to return them... I really did try and make it work!

I recently bought in to the zero drop hype and bought some Altras. Wore them just around to see, and today did 5.5 miles in them. So far I LOVE them. Big difference from my hugely cushioned Brooks that I normally run in, but in a good way. The plan is one day this week to do 16 miles of trails so we'll see how the Altras hold up then ;)

16. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Good luck I know what you mean about the solomans they are hard I also have a pair of i Nov 8 s very comfy mind you they are all trashed now because of the water.

ouesi likes this.
  17. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

@Cleo38

Have a look at wiggle.com for shoes. They have free delivery and free returns and a 365 day return policy.

Cleo38 likes this.
  18. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

19. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I think the discount code

GETTHERE1

Should give £10 off orders over £60.

Cleo38 and shamykebab like this.
  20. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Cleo38 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice