UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

8021 - 8040 of 8049 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
OMG the new site! So difficult to navigate. Finally managed to track down and follow the bits I'm interested in.
So Monday wasn't as hot as I expected, so not too bad a run. I poured gallons of liquid down all afternoon, but then peed gallons too so not sure how much good it did!
4.3 miles decent pace. Hope this hot weather ends soon! Except at the weekends when I don't run, somehow it's not a problem cycling when it's hot.

·
❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️
1,829 Posts
Just back from an explore with the crazy spanner :)

If anyone has ever gone down to Dover or used the channel tunnel there is a hill behind the tunnel that I've always wanted to climb. It's only taken me 21 yrs of being in Kent!

We did a run/walk as Odie would just keep running so I did get some glances from him and I k ow he was wondering why the crazy woman kept walking as it was just too slow for him.
Sky Cloud Water Vegetation Land lot
Cloud Sky Water resources Ecoregion Azure
Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape People in nature Agriculture

Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape People in nature Agriculture

Cloud Sky Water resources Ecoregion Azure

Sky Cloud Water Vegetation Land lot

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
So we had agreed to go running at 8am but someone (not me, I have an Oscar alarm) forgot to wake up so we went at 8:30 instead. By which point it was piddling with rain. Went in vest and short shorts anyway as so muggy. Ended up doing 4.83 miles - and challenged my pal to just press “stop” on her Garmin when she got home, as she always drizzles to a round number and I just press stop and deal with whatever it says :) She managed it and did 4.21 miles hehe

Hope you’re all set for tomorrow @Boxer123 xx

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Hi
So we had agreed to go running at 8am but someone (not me, I have an Oscar alarm) forgot to wake up so we went at 8:30 instead. By which point it was piddling with rain. Went in vest and short shorts anyway as so muggy. Ended up doing 4.83 miles - and challenged my pal to just press “stop” on her Garmin when she got home, as she always drizzles to a round number and I just press stop and deal with whatever it says :) She managed it and did 4.21 miles hehe

Hope you’re all set for tomorrow @Boxer123 xx
Ha ha no very tired and stressed lucky I have an overlap with the rental so can organise slowly.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Good plan, Boxer. We had a two week overlap from our flat when we bought our house - and it was less than a mile away too which was good as it meant to just toddled up and down the road with things :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I thought it would be ok last night as it had cooled down a bit, but no. It was awful! Drank loads, peed loads, head very fuzzy by the end. Decided to change the route a bit and come back across the fields the same as going, with a little loop in the woods. In my head I worked out it should be a similar distance. There is a short steep hill coming back that nearly finished me off, had to walk for a few mins at the top. Arrived home on rubber legs to find it was actually 5 miles and not a bad pace. Felt really good afterwards, but I just wish I didn't feel so bad at the time!

8021 - 8040 of 8049 Posts