UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

7981 - 8000 of 8049 Posts

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Well I toddled up the Prom to the Pier and back with husband. On the way back I stopped to wish Happy Jubilee Weekend to my favourite Teddy (wire fox terrier) and his owners. I see him nearly every day I’m out running but I don’t stop very often. Was meant to be running with pal and her husband but they woke up too late for us. We are such early birds that 6am is a lie in - whereas they don’t get going until much much later.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Oh I hope the jab does the trick @Boxer123. I had steroid injections in my back years ago and it was amazing!
Well last night was the worst run for a long time! Lots of excuses, too hot, too much gardening, still a bit under the weather. The first mile was ok, then my legs gave up. Had to force them to move at snails pace, crawled round 4.3 miles, pace was surprisingly normal.
Stiff as a board today and done some more gardening, it's finally finished, so I probably won't be able to move at all tomorrow!

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Oh I hope the jab does the trick @Boxer123. I had steroid injections in my back years ago and it was amazing!
Well last night was the worst run for a long time! Lots of excuses, too hot, too much gardening, still a bit under the weather. The first mile was ok, then my legs gave up. Had to force them to move at snails pace, crawled round 4.3 miles, pace was surprisingly normal.
Stiff as a board today and done some more gardening, it's finally finished, so I probably won't be able to move at all tomorrow!
Thank you. It was really warm yesterday afternoon well done.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Dare I say it because I’ve said it before but hip feels better. I’m going to try and get to the pool tomorrow I’m completely wiped out from hayfever but hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Well, I’m very much liking that your hip feels better Boxer, that’s great. Boo to the hay fever though :(

Usual run to parkrun, do parkrun, run home again. However someone seems to have stolen all my energy. I’m getting worse at running and more exhausted as each day goes by. Think I’ll talk to one of the docs at work next week.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Well, I'm very much liking that your hip feels better Boxer, that's great. Boo to the hay fever though :(

Usual run to parkrun, do parkrun, run home again. However someone seems to have stolen all my energy. I'm getting worse at running and more exhausted as each day goes by. Think I'll talk to one of the docs at work next week.
Maybe take a week of running as well and rest yourself. Something we forget to do. I have the duvet on the sofa it's freezing but my face is swollen from hayfever.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Been a bit quiet recently - we had visitors over the jubilee weekend and I didnt get to do Parkrun as I had to work from 6am to 4pm marshalling an event in our town. Went for a lovely run with club this evening - I’ve started running down to get a bit more distance as it’s only a mile and a half away from where we live. So just under 6 miles today. Hip a bit stiff and achy but not so bad.
Hope everyone is well!

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Went out reasonably early for me nowadays, only just over 5k but slow slow slow! gloomy when I started but by the time I got home it was boiling hot and sunny - that's how long I took :)

Nice to see you @Ringypie - hope you enjoyed the weekend festivities. Pleased to read your hip isn't complaining.

@immum glad you had a good run. Sometimes a couple of good ones is all you need to feel motivated again.

@Boxer123 how is your hip feeling after the injection? dare you run yet?

Hope everyone is well and happy xx

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Physio is pleased with my progress thank goodness! She’s given me a whole list of strength exercises to do which should help stop any further injuries - and also help my running in general. I’ve never been very good at sticking to doing exercises at home but I’m determined this time!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Gosh it was so warm last night, but pleased to say I had drunk plenty, so although I was sweating buckets I actually felt OK. So OK in fact that I decided to do 10k for a change (to OH's dismay!). The last half mile was a killer, but otherwise it was a good run, and pace was 10:05! Really pleased with that.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Beautiful gentle trot round Parkrun this morning. It was a PW as we are doing a 10k this afternoon! Very strange to trot through the finish and not be exhausted!
Chatting to a couple of lovely ladies who were (separately) visiting from Hampshire on the way round. Did wonder if they were anyone you know @Mrs Funkin but they didn't mention your Parkrun.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Usual run to parkrun, run round in circles, run home again. Still dreadfully sluggish…even more so on the way there as the wind was crazy!

@Ringypie we are West Sussex, nice you thought of me whilst you were toddling around :) There were a lot of tourists with us today. Lots of Butlins visitors - plus one of the SW London very new running clubs do a trip every week to a different parkrun and they were with us today.

We are cancelled next week! Not sure if we will go elsewhere or not. D is trying to buy a windsurfing mast on eBay, so if he gets it we may tie in a trip to collect it with a parkrun.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Usual run to parkrun, run round in circles, run home again. Still dreadfully sluggish…even more so on the way there as the wind was crazy!

@Ringypie we are West Sussex, nice you thought of me whilst you were toddling around :) There were a lot of tourists with us today. Lots of Butlins visitors - plus one of the SW London very new running clubs do a trip every week to a different parkrun and they were with us today.

We are cancelled next week! Not sure if we will go elsewhere or not. D is trying to buy a windsurfing mast on eBay, so if he gets it we may tie in a trip to collect it with a parkrun.
One of them said her local run is Fareham - is that anywhere near?

I've had a super time this afternoon! A tough, hilly beautiful trail 10k with 900ft elevation. I was delighted to finish in 1 hour and 2 minutes, 54th out of 110 and 12th lady! Then had a pimms as the run was part of the village fete. Just lovely, a really nice atmosphere.

7981 - 8000 of 8049 Posts