Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petzlife oral gel

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, Apr 3, 2011.

1. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Does anyone use this? If so, are the results really as good as shown in the pics on their website?! :eek:

My sons 11 year old GSD has awful teeth, she's a rescue and was fed utter crap before my son took her on three years ago :rolleyes: She has alot of tartar on her teeth but vets are reluctant to put her under for a dental because of heart problems and raw bones, which I'd use to clean teeth, run straight through her.

My son has tried brushing her teeth, plaque off and logic gel, all with little to no success. I've just come across this Petzlife oral gel and it almost seems to good to be true (and lets face it, things which seem it, generally are!) so just looking for some first hand experience.

If anybody does use it with success, where’s the cheapest place to purchase?

Thanks very much.

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I was also thinking of using it - I'm using Logic at the moment. I'm not sure any of them would actually remove tartar; they probably stop the build up but thats about it.
    I looked on one site and Petzlife gel seems to have very mixed reviews.
    I would imagine ebay is the cheap[est place to buy it.

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Thanks for that. I was unsure whether it'd remove tartar too- I've always thought plaque could be removed, but a scale at the vets is the only thing that would remove tartar, but the Petzlife website says otherwise, so was a bit torn! Will wait and see if anyone else has tried it before suggesting it to my son :)

4. OllieBob

OllieBob PetForums Senior

I find using Hatchwells Veterinary Tooth Powder is best. Being a powder it is more abrasive so removes tartar better.

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice