Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petworld protest.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I have been asked to post this by the new organisers of the protests against the sale of puppies at Petworld so that they can remain safely anonymous. The next peaceful protest is on Saturday 16th April at 1 o’clock. The address is Orpington Bypass, Badgers Mount, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 7AP. This is 5 mins from Jct 5 of the M25. Please join them or support them anyway you can.

2. Mandy D

Mandy D PetForums Junior

[​IMG]

Yesterday I heard the very good news that Petsville in Kingston is closed. We are hoping that this is permanent rather than temporary. This proves that these protests and campaigns can and do make a difference. Very well done to johnderondon on here for all his hard work and effort to bring this about.

I hope that there will be a big turnout at Petworld.

3. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Live far awayl,so cant be there ,but will be thinking of you all
    Good luck-hope you get loads of support
    Maureen

4. Mandy D

Mandy D PetForums Junior

Just looking at this again as it is this coming Saturday and it should be Jct 4 of the M25. I hope the weather stays as good as it is now and that they get a good turnout.

5. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

Unfortunately I am too far away, is there any online petition that can be signed?

6. Mandy D

Mandy D PetForums Junior

The organisers had a petition before to Sevenoaks council and they tightened up their conditions for the license to sell puppies. There is no specific petition now but Puppy Love Campaigns are asking people to write to their MPs against the sale of puppies in pet shops and also to sign an EDM against it.

What You Can Do

Sale Of Puppies In Pet Shops (EDM1424)

7. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I am shocked at the idea of going to a shop and picking up a puppy.

Me being very niave but have never seen a shop where you could walk in and buy a puppy.

The way the are listed on there website just like any other product in the store is quite shocking.

8. Mandy D

Mandy D PetForums Junior

Tomorrow and the weather looking good for them!

9. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Good luck guys! Hope the protest stays peaceful and you get the message accross! Sorry I couldnt be there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice