UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

6581 - 6600 of 6610 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Flippin cheek of my neighbour! Yes, its the one who keeps note of when I turn my lights out at night.

I've just bumped into her while she was putting her bins out. Conversation went like this...

Neighbour: Are you alright pet?
Me: Not really. (I'm still recovering from a 5 hour round trip to get one of my degus her metacam because travel was impacted by the rail strike)
Neighbour: I didn't disturb you did I, when I was shouting?
Me: When was this?
Neighbour: Yesterday, I knocked your door and shouted through your letterbox, but I got no response.
Me: Thats because I was out.
Neighbour: Oh pet! I'm an old lady, you need to tell me when you're out as I was worried when I got no answer.

Fine! I'll just put a board in the window and pin my schedule to it every morning! Do you want to know when I go to the loo as well!

There's a reason I live alone, its so I don't have to answer to anyone except the degus!
Oh for a cottage in the middle of nowhere, with no annoying neighbours!

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
Oh for a cottage in the middle of nowhere, with no annoying neighbours!
That sounds like bliss! I would love that. Luckily my neighbours dont bother me too much but I am introverted and unreasonable enough to get annoyed if I even hear or see them going about their business in my general vicinity!LOL

(on another note I figured out what is bothering me so much about this forum format now.....its like everything looks like an advert to me! My brain is telling me to ignore the ad sections but that means my eyes are trying to skip over the whole thing!!LOL)

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Joined in with a new pilates class today.

The instructor spent the whole time on the floor … I would have expected them to at least be up and checking on us newbies from time to time to ensure we weren’t doing ourselves any damage.

I have to protect my back and know what not to do, but would have expected some guidance tbh.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I once had a neighbour appear in my bedroom! She'd been knocking on the front door but when I didn't answer put her arm through the cat flap in the back door, she managed to unbolt it!

I was so confused, asleep with a migraine. Probably swore.

I fitted more bolts after that. The old lady moved house, I knew she was odd but that took the biscuit.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I've been struggling to finish a jigsaw I bought a few weeks ago. I have it on my dining room table and only have a small section to do but it's quite hard, anyway was hoovering around the table and just saw a peice of it as it was disappearing up the hose:eek:
I quickly turned the hoover of and looked into the bag, couldn't see it at the front so removed the bag went outside and cut it open to search, getting covered in dust. Not a sign. Resigned myself to having a bit missing which is a shame as planning to hand it into the charity shop. I put a new bag in the hoover went to connect the hose and out fell my peice of jigsaw. Unfortunately I've wasted a hoover bag and they're not cheap.

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
Im annoyed that the cat I saw in somebodies window on the way to work didnt respond to my boop.... :(

(I cant pass a cat in a window and not attempt to boop them!!LOL)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im annoyed that the cat I saw in somebodies window on the way to work didnt respond to my boop.... :(

(I cant pass a cat in a window and not attempt to boop them!!LOL)
My neighbours spent ages trying to get a cat on my windowsill to acknowledge them. They were hiding behind the lamppost, poking their heads out and going 'boo! Here kitty!' Only to despair that it wasn't looking at them.

If it had, I'd have run from the house screaming - its an ornamental ceramic cat, but obviously very lifelike, lol.

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,592 ·
When OH got home from hospital, decided to order a small radio and tablet for when he goes in again for another op.
He ordered them at 11pm.

I went to put something in the reclining bin this afternoon and there it was with all the paper stuff, we have both been in all day why don't they knock or ring the doorbell:rolleyes:

Still, can't complain about the speed they came.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Some may find this petty, but I'm furious about it.

For the last couple of years I've been growing a small patio cherry tree in my private garden, last year I had three cherries from it, this year it had about 10 - that was until yesterday!

I got back from the dentist yesterday to find my neighbours feral brats had been trespassing in there and had stripped every last one from it!

I hope the little barstewards choke on the stones!

·
Registered
12,108 Posts

For the last couple of years I've been growing a small patio cherry tree in my private garden, last year I had three cherries from it, this year it had about 10 - that was until yesterday!

I got back from the dentist yesterday to find my neighbours feral brats had been trespassing in there and had stripped every last one from it!

I hope the little barstewards choke on the stones!
[/QU
I would be furious too.
Did you speak to your neighbours? What did they say?

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
@SbanR there's no point talking to her as she'd only laugh. I see her sitting on her doorstep most mornings enjoying a breakfast of a roll-up and can of redbull. The father's no where in sight.
Sadly I suspect the kids will nick your cherries again next year. I wonder if it would be possible to coat the cherries with a laxative:unsure:😅
:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I need a pipe making for my car (too old so no longer sold by manufacturer). Drove half hour to the shop and its closed down with paper in the windows. Ask where to get pipe in a different shop just up from them, "shrug". Drive to mechanic to ask if they can glue the pipe and he says the shop is open, Grrrrr! Could they not write "open" on the paper!?!

Driving back tomorrow and will tell them I thought they had closed down. Too hot and bothered to go now.

• Angry
Reactions: Deguslave

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
yup...Id be livid verging on homicidal about that! Neighbours can be like nails on a chalkboard cant they!?

2 things annoying me.

1. my microwave decided to explode a potato, it covered the inside like Id painted it with mash. :mad: It was cooked potato that was already cut into a chunk so why the fr***king heck did my microwave treat it like an unattended suitcase at a state event and carry out a controlled explosion!?
hmmm....why!!?

2. just bought a torch for work and the blurb stated it would was ideal for dog walking, camping, hiking and was an ideal gift.....for men.
Implying that women dont need one..... because we already come with infra red night vision!?
so I just want to know where is my infra red night vision coz Im pretty sure I just have regular eyeballs.

bonus petty annoyance-
my favourite smilie is gone and there is no decent substitute.... sniff

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
yup...Id be livid verging on homicidal about that! Neighbours can be like nails on a chalkboard cant they!?

2 things annoying me.

1. my microwave decided to explode a potato, it covered the inside like Id painted it with mash. :mad: It was cooked potato that was already cut into a chunk so why the fr***king heck did my microwave treat it like an unattended suitcase at a state event and carry out a controlled explosion!?
hmmm....why!!?

2. just bought a torch for work and the blurb stated it would was ideal for dog walking, camping, hiking and was an ideal gift.....for men.
Implying that women dont need one..... because we already come with infra red night vision!?
so I just want to know where is my infra red night vision coz Im pretty sure I just have regular eyeballs.

bonus petty annoyance-
my favourite smilie is gone and there is no decent substitute.... sniff
Awww, which smilie was that? I loved the rolled eyes and the head banging ones.
Please @vsadmin, can we have them back?

·
Cat slave
3,528 Posts
I once had a neighbour appear in my bedroom! She'd been knocking on the front door but when I didn't answer put her arm through the cat flap in the back door, she managed to unbolt it!

I was so confused, asleep with a migraine. Probably swore.

I fitted more bolts after that. The old lady moved house, I knew she was odd but that took the biscuit.
That's seriously weird!

Reactions: Jaf
6581 - 6600 of 6610 Posts