UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

6561 - 6580 of 6610 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ordered some things for dh & kiddos birthday in March - still not arrived.
The website has now disappeared, and contacted them on facebook and THEY are calling ME a liar as i have "never ordered anything". £60 basically stolen.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Ordered some things for dh & kiddos birthday in March - still not arrived.
The website has now disappeared, and contacted them on facebook and THEY are calling ME a liar as i have "never ordered anything". £60 basically stolen.
Have you any proof you payed them money? Hopefully the bank can help you get it back?

Reactions: Lurcherlad

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I just got shouted at in the charity shop for being agest just to asking if they had an email address to contact age uk for assistance. Feel abit upset about it.

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
I just got shouted at in the charity shop for being agest just to asking if they had an email address to contact age uk for assistance. Feel abit upset about it.
How very odd, so all you were asking for was an email address and they accused you of ageism? I would have said it was the other way round by assuming that all older people don't use the internet

Reactions: Jackie C

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
How very odd, so all you were asking for was an email address and they accused you of ageism? I would have said it was the other way round by assuming that all older people don't use the internet
I didn't say anything I just let her rant on about "your generation". Was pretty stunned really, she bought another customer into the one sided argument to back her up.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
There's just no helping some people, some can be very sensitive about their age. You offered help with the best of intentions so her loss.
Don't let it stop you being kind and helpful though, I'm sure you've helped more than you've inadvertantly offended.

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
People who complain to you that someone they know has just pulled out of their arrangements with them for Friday in order to go out with someone else.

Then looks surprised when I respond “well, that’s exactly what you did to me last week … so now you know how annoying and rude it is … especially as I was driving you somewhere as a favour” :rolleyes:

“Then expected me to rearrange my week to accommodate you … instead of saying no to the other person”.

Rant over! ;)

Will not be putting myself out so much in future, that’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
People who complain to you that someone they know has just pulled out of their arrangements with them for Friday in order to go out with someone else.

Then looks surprised when I respond "well, that's exactly what you did to me last week … so now you know how annoying and rude it is … especially as I was driving you somewhere as a favour" :rolleyes:

"Then expected me to rearrange my week to accommodate you … instead of saying no to the other person".

Rant over! ;)

Will not be putting myself out so much in future, that's for sure.
That is very, very rude. And cheeky.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Can I have some honest opinions on something?

Dh invited his brother over tomorrow. This has been planned for a while, I have no issues with this whatsoever.
Today he rushes into the house tells me to get ready to go out as he's arranged to go and see the same brother and some other relatives and he wants us all there. I HATE last minute things like this at the best of times, and today I feel like rubbish. After some back and forth, I tell him I'm not going today, I'll see his brother tomorrow etc.
As he's leaving (in a strop) he tells me it's not just his brother coming tomorrow, but SEVERAL OTHER family members too.

I feel really stressed now, I have no problems with his family but I don't like things changing at the last minute etc. What I'm asking is - is this a valid 'annoyance', or am I just being grumpy?

·
Registered
266 Posts

Dh invited his brother over tomorrow. This has been planned for a while, I have no issues with this whatsoever.
Today he rushes into the house tells me to get ready to go out as he's arranged to go and see the same brother and some other relatives and he wants us all there. I HATE last minute things like this at the best of times, and today I feel like rubbish. After some back and forth, I tell him I'm not going today, I'll see his brother tomorrow etc.
As he's leaving (in a strop) he tells me it's not just his brother coming tomorrow, but SEVERAL OTHER family members too.

I feel really stressed now, I have no problems with his family but I don't like things changing at the last minute etc. What I'm asking is - is this a valid 'annoyance', or am I just being grumpy?
Valid!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts

To me that's valid.

Reactions: Oof

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Well, presumably he knows you aren’t keen on having things sprung on you last minute, and as you are not feeling so well, he shouldn’t really take umbrage that you turned down the invitation imo.

He can still go without you and just explain you aren’t feeling that well.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts

Valid I hate things being dropped on me last minute I find it so stressful.

·
Cat slave
3,528 Posts
Valid! One person is one thing, but a group of people? I'd be peeved as well.

Reactions: Oof

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
Flipping ticks. Every time Isla comes back from a walk there are ticks on her, seem really bad this year. Relieved she is the colour she is as at least they show up, would be awful if she was a flatcoat retriever.

6561 - 6580 of 6610 Posts