Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’ve just read this out to my husband and both of us shook our heads in absolute despair and thought of choice words and phrases to say.

It’s likely that the apparent resurgence of covid is down to this age group along with all the numpties who think masks and social distancing don’t apply to them

What makes me so angry that I more or less reach boiling point is the amount of litter that is just thoughtlessly dumped everywhere that crowds of numpties have descended on

Ellie&cats, lorilu, Boxer123 and 2 others like this.
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Im not one to get upset over such things, im lucky where i live and have access to miles of countryside, but access to decent bodies of water is a different thing and to not be able to go there is quite depressing. I think what makes it worse is that we still walk near it (there is a a PROW) and Ned always goes up to the gate and looks all excited as he loved it and cant understand why he cant go for a swim.

It was my go to walk in weather like we are currently having. Everywhere else is just bone dry or private.

EDIT: what really angers me is that people were given a chance. At first he had a professional H&S assessment done. He put up signs saying no swimming/deep water etc, he provided a life ring for accidents, he took away all the litter and diving board, and did everything he sould for insurance purposes (i believe land owners can still be held accountable for accidents even if people are trespassing) and they STILL couldnt be respectful.

Chances are it will never be accessible again.

Ellie&cats, lorilu and Boxer123 like this.
  3. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I know what you mean, however in weather like this I do enjoy a film with lots of snow in it, doesn't have to be a Christmas film though, I know its all in the mind, but it helps me feel cooler :D

@Nonnie I'm sorry to hear that, it angers me how the idiotic actions of a few spoil things for everyone else.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

My husband belongs to a small fly fishing group who managed to sweet talk the then land owner to allow fishing in a lake on land near the house, it was no easy thing to achieve apparently. Beautiful old house lived in by an elderly lady who subsequently died. House sold and the fishing group waited with bated breath to see if fishing would be able to continue. The group maintain and stock the lake and of course the house owners and their friends can take advantage of this. A certain Peter De Savery bought the house and kindly allowed the group to continue. They did the house up and modernised it totally and a few years later it went up for sale again. Again the group held its breath and hoped for the best. The house was bought by a Swedish consortium to be used as a place rich Swedes can go to for some R&R and recharge their batteries when work gets on top of them. Luckily they were happy to allow the group to continue fishing subject to some new rules. The house has been restored back to how it was when the old lady lived there
    The place is locked up to the nines as there has been a fair amount of poaching over the years plus general trespassing, but thankfully nothing as problematical as yours @Nonnie I guess because it’s in view of the house and noise would be noticed very quickly.

Such a shame your lake is now inaccessible

Ellie&cats and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. Jaf

Jaf PetForums VIP

Spanish news programs show close ups of bodies. It’s horrible but I suppose that they are used to it.

6. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

That’s terrible. Herbert Morrison had to step inside as he could not bear to witness the crash of the Hindenburg. Nowadays he would probably have been fired. Derbyshire police have started to place cameras at crash scenes on the motorway so that they can fine drivers that record them. It shouldn’t even cross someone’s mind that it is ok to do this and I wish people would think more about the impact of what they are doing.

Ellie&cats and Lurcherlad like this.
  7. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Dipshit FB keyboard warrior bitching about me calling a lost dog a 'girl' saying it could confuse people and think there was a lost child.
    Never mind that there are 4 photos of a dog and commentary about running loose and using treats trying to lure her.
    If you have nothing better to do with your time than complain about how someone words FB posts about lost dogs, you definitely need some sort of hobby!

Jackie C, Ellie&cats, lorilu and 2 others like this.
  8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

keyboard warrior, social justice warrior.....didnt a warrior used to be somebody hella brave who actually fought real battles not some twonk sat at a desk in front of a keyboard?:rolleyes:

Im annoyed with my insomnia today. I swear the older I get the less I seem to sleep.:(

Ellie&cats, Lurcherlad and Magyarmum like this.
  9. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

When you try not to make any noise in the dead of night when nipping to the bathroom in order not to wake everyone, you drop the phone you were using as a torch so you don’t trip over the dog lying in the middle of the bedroom floor, waking him up so he wants to go out in the garden and instead of nipping out for a quick wee decides it’s time for a run up and down the garden having a jolly old time looking for beasties :)

Then getting back into bed unable to get back to sleep :rolleyes:

10. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

When all the programmes on TV that you really want to watch are on long after your bedtime.

Ellie&cats, Cully and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

That’s the beauty of Sky Q - we record lots of things to watch at our leisure :)

12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

The neighbours who have too many cars between them (3 with very noisy engines/exhausts) and decide to shift them all around at 0730 in the morning!

Engines running and revving, car doors slamming and voices giving out instructions, as their neighbours are sleeping (or not in my case) with windows open cos it’s summer.

:mad:

LittleMow, Ellie&cats and Cully like this.
  13. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

One of the neighbours who literally every single day, comes out to his car and massively revs the engine for 10 mins.

People who, as soon as it's nice weather, play VERY loud music all day.

People who say "All lives matter", but then say vile, bigoted things about asylum seekers crossing the Channel.....meaning they don't mean those lives.

#2313 Jackie C, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    LittleMow and Lurcherlad like this.
  14. Jaf

Jaf PetForums VIP

Well Karma will get those that rev engines. They don’t like it and will one day go bang!

I’ve read some hideous comments too. I won’t repeat them.

Jackie C and Lurcherlad like this.
  15. Milka

Milka PetForums Member

I had to buy a new bed and was instructed to call them if I don't get the frame of the old one apart for them (as they bring the new one they'll take the old one with them). One of the screws was broken so I couldn't do that even if I did have the right tools so I called them. The guy who answered was bored of his life and job and also very rude, disrespectful and unable to listen or concentrate.
    Now I had to contact the maintenance company so that they would fix my moldy window frames and I'm afraid that they'll have the same kind of attitude. That guy really instilled this fear into me.
    I'd like to call to those who are going to bring my bed that I don't want it anymore. *sigh*
    But that would make no difference. It would only make my life harder, because all the other places where I have looked for beds have these ugly modern ones that I don't even want.
    I'd want to keep my old bed, but it has mold on it's legs, so that's out of the question. If I could find a N95 mask somewhere I could remove the mold, but because of Corona you can't find one in my country.

I'd want a dehumidifier to battle the mold problem, but am against buying one because it contains coolant, which is hazardous to the environment. Also, it's full of plastic too. Ugh.
    I have cleaned my vents, but those are ineffective if I take a 10 minutes long shower.
    I'll just have to keep the windows open after showering, even during the winter.
    Or then I have to learn to take Navy showers instead of my normal 10 minutes.

#2315 Milka, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  16. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Today its people that think the fact they have simply lived longer, that their opinions and views are more valid, and that they know more.

Ellie&cats and Jackie C like this.
  17. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Decided to have a lazy day in front on the tv watching a film. Got my snacks ready, fresh cup of tea, went to get the film. Couldn't find it, I knew where I put it.(my dvd collection is all in alphabetical order) but it was no where to be seen. I could have picked something else, but the more I couldn't find it, the more it became the only thing I wanted to watch, so I tried Netfix, not there, tried Amazon prime. Yes, there it was, but it was a rental and coz I had already bought the thing, I wasn't going to pay again. So I poured the cold tea away, brewed a fresh pot and ended up watching a couple of episodes of Bones instead.
    I just get so annoyed when I can't find something when I KNOW where I left it. I'm sure things move on their own in my house.

18. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

People who can't read signs and don't seem to have much of a brain cell.

Had a parcel delivery today, left it right infront of my gate, which swings outward, couldn't open the gate and the parcel was too heavy to pick up over the gate ........ leaving me trapped in my home.
    Thankfully a neighbour kindly moved the box for me.

Ellie&cats, Cully and lorilu like this.
  19. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

Bought a couple of chicken meals at lidl the other day. Because you wear masks its harder to smell things, but as soon as we got home we could tell the hunters chicken was off. It stank, and the cellophane that goes over the top was bulging out. We didn't want to have to go all the way back to lidl so we binned it.
    We had also got some chicken steaks as an easy meal one night, and its well in date. I got them out and opened it. That stank too, we've had them before and I knew they shouldn't smell like that so in the bin they went too. Two meals wasted..

I'm not sure if they have had trouble keeping their fridges cold, but not going to chance them again

20. Milka

Milka PetForums Member

I should get the bed during this week. If it's not arriving, I'm going to ask for my money back.
    The probability of me having to try to communicate with that brainless moron on the phone is unnervingly high. I'm not only pissed off, I'm scared.

Jackie C likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice