Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Very petty thing annoying me today.....that I cant see the people over the backs swimming pool!
    Im not a pervert, honestly. I dont want to see my neighbours in their pool! Its just that I can hear a pump and splashing, and smell chlorine, and Im really curious as to what sort of a pool you could have in a 10ft by 20ft garden.o_O
    *mutters* stupid giant hedge in the way.....:Shifty

yup, Im nosey...I admit it.:Woot

Magyarmum and Boxer123 like this.
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

8DC5A6D8-7104-4CA1-8AC3-58F762C7C85E.png

We had one of these when my son was younger (with a floating chlorine holder to keep it clean).

Great fun! :)

I used to come home from shopping, strip off to my undies and straight in to cool off (not overlooked btw) ;)

Boxer123 likes this.
  3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

looks like it!:D It probably is one those.
    I just really wanna see it.:Shy The gardens round here are so small that if you put a 'big ticket item' in one it takes over the entire garden. Seen plenty of gazebo/gardens and trampoline/gardens but Ive not yet seen a pool/garden!:Wideyed:Woot

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I lifted a bag of cement awkwardly and hurt my back yesterday :(

Now, apart from the pain, I can’t get on with the jobs I had planned.

Frustrating!

#2284 Lurcherlad, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Even with residents' parking, it's a nightmare here, added to which they are now building a Lidl with a school ON TOP OF IT. It will have a tiny car park. So they are having to extend the residents' parking hours (which of course will increase the cost). There are several car club schemes now (Zip Car, Enterprise etc) where you pay an annual fee and then by the hour when using. Problem is, there's no guarantee the car near you would be available when you wanted it, say for a vet visit at a specific time).

6. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

A friend of mine lived in Twickenham with her two cats until they were ten. She works for a big multi-national company and was promoted and sent to Chicago and from there she went to Finland and is now in Belgium (or was last I heard - she may have moved again). The cats have moved with her each time, and according to the emails and photos, are as happy as can be, now aged 16/17. Don't worry, they will be happy just to be with you.:Cat

Cully likes this.
  7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I'll tell you what I find annoying, downright infuriating. The way websites are designed these days with these other pages that drop down as you move your mouse across the page. Even this forum has that "feature". Go ahead and try it. Just kind of run your mouse across the green banner there.

I was in a Home Depot website and I could not read the info on the item I was looking at, there were so many of these drop down things as I moved my mouse. They all do it now, Amazon included. Is there some trick that I am missing here?

8. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Right now the fact that I'm still no where near being able to move home.
    I started looking at the beginning of 2016 and I'm no nearer now as I was then :(

9. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

So frustrating for you :(

We're hoping to move in the next year or two, once OH has retired, and I’ll be glad to see the back of the road/area tbh.

Quite a few new families have moved in (replacing the older folk who have passed away) and it’s so much noisier now.

More cars, barking dogs and screaming kids as well as almost constant construction and diy projects on the go and a lot more inconsiderate behaviour all round.

The area’s going down the pan imo.

#2289 Lurcherlad, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

Dubbed films where the words doesn’t sync up with their mouths. Drives me mad I can’t watch them lol

11. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Watching live things like news reports where the screen freezes, or they lose sound. We're used to it happening with overseas reports and it's understandable. But why does it happen so much at home? You'd think that any technical blips would have been ironed out by now.

12. ForestWomble

I know what you mean, we've had a lot of changes around here, not for the better, and it's not the place I moved to originally anymore:(

Hope you get your move and it goes smoothly for you and your OH.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  13. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Be nice if we’re all happily ensconced in our new peaceful abodes eventually! :)

ForestWomble likes this.
  14. ForestWomble

:) Yes it would.

Must say I am genuinely happy for everyone that is or has moved lately, but I keep thinking what about me! lol I'd like some of that good luck please.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  15. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

When they show Xmas tv shows or films out of season. Wouldn't it be better to leave them all till winter, which is when they were made for, instead of just throwing them in any old time.

HarlequinCat likes this.
  16. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I once did that, and was happily floating around in the pool when the vicar came to call! :eek::eek:

17. Milka

Milka PetForums Member

This man that sits or stands all day every day on the front of our apartment building and smokes. I don't like the smell of tobacco and can't I get some privacy?
    His existence doesn't always bother me but right now it does. It's my day off and when I have my day off I don't use bras, unless I absolutely have to. It's unfair that human females have to use bras. I mean, some need those, but me... Not really. I just use them to hide some parts of my anatomy.
    So anyway, I catched a fly from my apartment and was about to free that disgusting thing. As I was walking down the stairs I noticed that he was staring at me. I felt so freaking angry. Argh. CAN I NOT GET SOME PRIVACY?!
    I did free the fly while trying to ignore the fact that he was staring at me the whole time.

I think he is harmless, not somekind of creep. But still. Argh. I hate so much.
    I get easily very angry.

#2297 Milka, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    lorilu and Lurcherlad like this.
  18. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

My neighbour has 2 weeks off and everything he does to keep himself busy involves noise ..... drills, angle grinders, electric saws, petrol lawn mower, strummer, etc.

And he’s one of those people who can’t sit still!

:mad:

lorilu likes this.
  19. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I hate it when they show pics or films of actual dead bodies on tv, doesn't matter if it's in documentaries, the news or whatever else. It's worse when it comes up unexpectedly , it's just so shocking. Whoever thought it was a good idea, must be heartless. We all know death happens, we don't need to see it on our screens. It's also very disrespectful to the person whose body it is that's being shown for entertainment or ratings.

20. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The under 30's.

I dont know what it is about this age range, but they seem to have zero respect or the ability to be responsible.

For years now, the owner of a private lake has allowed people to access it - not that many did due to the location which was nice as the wildlife there is simply stunning. This year due to the lockdown and weather, this age group has decided to take advantage. They have left piles of litter, had fires, made a bloody diving board out of scaffolding planks, and generally caused a lot of problems; police have been out numerous times because of drink and drugs and loud music.

Permission has now been revoked due to health and safety (they were swimming and boating and its very cold and very deep water) and its entirely fenced off, alarmed and has the biggest chain and padlock on the gate ive ever seen.

It was the only place near me that i could take Ned to swim, and was one of my absolute favourites in hot weather. Ive never even met anyone else over there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice